"Tracey, it's still there," I whined.

Tracey groaned. "Bri, it's fine. It's not even that visible anymore like it was a few seconds ago. Stop stressing out, will you? I'm sure your stress is the reason you got that pimple in the first place. So forget about the pimple and it will go away soon enough. Now, come on. Grab your bag, class is about to start."

Throwing a glare at my invisible pimple, I grabbed my bag and followed Tracey out of our dorm. I could see a few other girls leaving their dorm rooms, their bags slung over their shoulders. Now that the pimple problem was out of the way—sort of—I could focus on the new academic year.

Burswick Academy was located in the north of USA, in a remote part of Illinois, near the Mississipi River. It was one of the best schools in the country, and it provided a great environment for its students. The teachers were dedicated and hard working and made sure the students enjoyed learning, although not many did. Burswick took up acres and acres of land, and there were separate buildings for boys and girls dormitories.

Tracey and I ran towards the academic building, the grand clock at the school's entrance doors telling us that only ten minutes were remaining before our teachers reprimanded us for being late. But since it was the first day, I doubted they would say anything to us.

"Good morming, Mrs. Lemons," I greeted my English teacher as Tracey and I took our seats at the front bench. Mrs. Lemons was a woman of medium height, in her late thirties with black hair tied up in a bun and warm brown eyes .

"Can't we sit at the back for once?" Tracey grumbled, placing her bag on the floor.

"No, I can't concentrate if we sit at the back." I told her, pulling out my notebook and my stash of colored pens from my bag before dropping it on the floor.

"Why do I have to suffer if you are a nerd?" Tracey complained, flipping open her notebook.

"Because you are my best friend. Oh, by the way, no one is staring at my pimple, right?" I looked around the class, making sure no one was staring at me.

Tracey rolled her eyes. "No, Bri, no one is staring at your pimple."

"Quiet! I don't want people to hear you," I scolded her.

Just then, the most popular girl of Burswick Academy entered the class followed by her posse. Gemma Wyatt, the school's proverbial queen. The girl with the shiniest black hair and pale gray eyes, with a shiny personality to match. The girl could either be your best friend or your worst enemy. Which was why, a lot of people at Burwick chose to kiss her ass, because no one wanted to get on her bad side. But she was incredibly sweet, which meant that hardly anyone got on her bad side.

"Good morning, Mrs. Lemons," Gemma greeted, her glossed lip curving in a charming smile. I liked Gemma, I really did, but I tended to keep my distance from her, simply because I was not really a fan of trouble. And being friends with the popular girl usually invited trouble.

"Good morning, Ms. Wyatt. Please take your seats," Mrs. Lemon said to Gemma and her posse of girls. There were three girls apart from Gemma in her group.

Gemma smiled when she saw me and strode over to where Tracey and I sat. "Hi, Tracey. Hello, Brielle. How are you both? I must say, Bri, I missed seeing your face during Christmas break."

"I'm fine, Gemma," Tracey answered, with a smile.

"Me, too. And...I missed you, too...I guess," I replied. I wasn't sure if Gemma's compliments were genuine or fake. Right now, I was more worried about whether she could see my pimple or not.

"Of course. You should have lunch with us today," Gemma offered.

"Uh, s—sure, that'll be great," Tracey replied.