"Breakfast!" Iggy sang.

Everyone gathered in the kitchen and filled their plates with bacon, sausage, and pancakes. At the table we chowed down on the delicious food and nobody said much. It was peaceful. After we had all filled our stomachs, we settled down in the living room.

"So, what's going on with everyone today?" I asked in the silence.

"I'm heading to interview for a job at Macy's." Nudge said.

"Nothing," Angel said along with Iggy and Gazzy.

"I'm going shopping for your birthday present." Ella said and I shook my head vigorously at her.

"It's your birthday soon and you didn't even tell your own boyfriend?" Fang accused me with mock hurt.

"I didn't want you to know." I muttered, "I don't really celebrate it." I admitted.

"Well, we are this year." He said confidently.

"Please, don't," I asked him and gave him a pleading look.

"Oh, please, Max? It would be so much fun to celebrate your birthday! We've never really had a party for you and we could invite all of our friends! They could meet Fang. You'll get presents and we could have a cake and everything! Please, please, please, Max? Pleeeaaassseeee?" Nudge whined and gave me bambi eyes. I grudgingly nodded my head and they all erupted in cheers as I glared at Fang. He smirked at me.

"Bye!" I said and waved at everyone. I closed the door behind me and went to my room to change into my work clothes. I had asked mom if I could take a few days off and she had said okay but it was time to get back to work. She didn't know about Fang yet and I didn't plan to tell her until the time was right. I walked out from the bedroom and into the kitchen to grab a water bottle. I jumped when I turned and Fang stood leaning into the doorway.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Work," I said simply and pushed past him to get my keys. He grabbed my hand to stop me and I turned to face him.

"At least let me drive you,"

"Okay," I said after careful thought.

The drive to my mom's office was quiet but not awkward. Fang focused on the road and followed my directions from the passenger seat. We pulled up to the curve and I turned to give him a kiss.

"What time should I pick you up?" He asked when I got out of my door.

"Seven," I answered.

"Okay, I love you." Fang said.

"I love you, too." I said before closing my door.

My mom stood in the lobby when I entered. She smirked at me as I put my water down on the desk and I gave her a questioning glance.

"I saw that," She said and my eyebrow rose as if to say "Saw, what?"

"I saw you kiss that boy outside in the car." She elaborated and my eyes widened.

"Uh…" I struggled to find words.

"Max, why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend? He was quite handsome, if you ask me. I would want to boast if I were you." She said matter-of-factly.

"Mom! Gross!" I said and wrinkled my nose.

"Just saying," She said with her hands in the air. "Why don't you and him come for dinner at Jeb and I's house tomorrow?"

"I don't know…."

"Oh, come on, Max. Include your mom. Things seem pretty serious between you two."