16. Doesn't Make Sense

All the Nori feels! Gosh, I don't know how to feel right now! Anyway, just wanted to thank you all again, you are all fabulous!

Book Question: Do you think Lori will remember what happened in the Maze?

Normal Question: I saw Mockingjay Part 2, and it was sooo good! So, if you've seen it, let me know what you thought!

----------

Lori returned the kiss, urged on by the need to remember something. To remember him.

Unfortunately, nothing happened. No flashback, no blackouts, no nothing. She pulls away slowly, laying her forehead against his.
"Nothing happened," she chokes out, holding back tears.

Newt sits back so that he can look her in the eyes. "What do you mean that 'nothing happened'? What did you want to happen?"

"I just- I was hoping that if I kissed you, I might remember what WICKED made me forget; but it didn't trigger anything."

"Oh. Well, maybe when we get to the Safe Haven, you can ask them to get your memories back," Newt suggests, taking her hand in his.

Lori smiled weakly, as the truth is illuminated within her mind. The truth about why she couldn't remember the rest of what happened within the Maze.
She realized that she's not ready to. Not yet. Because she knows that if she does, she may not forgive herself for what she did in the Maze.

They sit together as the sun rises upon the Scorch. The boys wake one by one, and the two decide to go check on Thomas.

"Sleep well, Tommy?" Newt asks. "How's that shoulder?"

Thomas sits up, rubbing his eyes, before looking over to the two. "Feels really good, actually - aches a little, but not much. Hard to believe I was hurtin' so bad before."

Newt scans the group of Gladers, then back to Thomas. "Feels like we haven't talked much since leaving the bloody dorm. Not much time to sit around and sip tea, I guess."

Thomas looks over to Lori, but she quickly avoids eye contact, feeling ashamed for kissing Newt so soon after she had been in Thomas' arms. But she knew, deep down, that he had stronger feeling for both Teresa and Brenda, and she didn't want to get any deeper into that mess.

"Yeah," The dark haired boy mutters, looking away from Lori. "I don't see how WICKED can be good."

"What do you mean?" Lori questions.

"Remember what Teresa had written on her arm when she first woke up? Or did you guys even know about that? It said 'WICKED is good'. I'm just finding that hard to believe." The sarcasm in the boy's voice was palpable.

Newt gave an uncertain smile, "Well, they just saved your buggin' life."

"Yeah, they're real saints."

Whilst the three were talking, Brenda began to stir nearby, yawning loudly. "Morning. Or evening. Whatever."

Lori chuckles at the girl, "Just another day alive." Brenda nods, shooting her a small smile in return.

She doesn't seem all that bad, Lori thinks to herself.

Thomas looks between his three friends, "I'm assuming you guys had time to get to know each other? If not, Brenda this is Newt and Lori. Newt and Lori, Brenda."

"Yeah, we know already." Newt stuck his hand out, shaking Brenda's hand mockingly. "But thanks again for making sure this bloody sissy didn't get his butt killed while you two were out partying."