15. Labelled a Villain

So, I'm in year 12 now, and that is terrifying. I only have one year left of high school! God, it goes so quickly!

Anyway, here's the next chapters, my lovely little runners! Sorry it's so late! xo

BQ - What did you think when Lori kissed Thomas?

Q - Who watches Once Upon A Time? God, season 5 is so epic!

----------

When Lori wakes next, she's strapped into a canvas sheet, being lowered back to the ground. Looking over next to her, another sheet holds Thomas, who is only just now waking up.

Lori felt her back land softly on the sand, and the rope detach from the sheets. There are shouts as the two Gladers are surrounded by their friends. The Berg's loud hovering noise dissipates into nothing, and the chatter of the boys and Clara overtakes all senses.

They all speak at once, whether to her or to Thomas, she isn't completely sure at the time.

"What was that all about?"

"Are you okay?"

"What'd that do to you?"

"Who was that?"

"Have fun in the Berg?"

"How's your shoulder?"

Lori attempts to sit up, whilst the Gladers continue to question the two. With a sigh, she looks up at them all, "Would one of you mind helping me up, please?"
Thomas nods in agreement, trying to untie his own bindings.

Minho and a few work at Thomas' ropes, while Newt grabs a few boys to help with Lori's.
"Are you alright?" Newt asks Lori quietly, between the two of them.

She immediately felt a pang in her heart, remembering how she had been in Thomas' arms earlier, trying to forget about the blonde with the limp.

But what was there to forget? Why feel guilty, when she couldn't remember him?

Because, whether she wanted to admit it or not, there was something there. There was something between them. But she knows, that until she can face it, she will deny it.

"Um, yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little out of it, I guess."
Newt nods, slipping his hands beneath Lori's arms to help her to stand up.
"Thank you."

"So, what happened up on the Berg? Did they hurt you?"

"Physically? No. Mentally? Not entirely sure. I saw my mother again, and I-" she stopped, thinking about Thomas. "I just, was locked in a room the whole time."

Newt's eyebrows knit together, looking at her carefully, before nodding. Lori knows that he doesn't completely believe her, but for now, a little is enough.

"Can I, uh, can I see my brother?"

"Yeah, of course. I'll go and find him."

Lori thanks him, before he walks away in search of Aris.
She sits back down on the dunes, picking up the canvas sheet and wrapping it around herself to protect her from the heat of the Scorch. The heat isn't as intense as it was on past days, but it was still pretty hot.

The sand beside her shifts, and she looks over to see the aforementioned boy sitting beside her. She sends him a small smile, and he returns it willingly.
"So, Newt told me you asked for me. Are you okay?"

Lori looks down at her hand in her lap, "I just needed someone. I know we don't exactly know each other that well, but I feel like I trust you already."
She looks up to see Aris looking down at her, a strange smile on his face.
"I'm sorry, that must sound fairly stupid."