Perfect Christmas

Start from the beginning

    "Kayden!" I yell, my heart stammering wildly against my chest as I crouch down next to him. He starts to cough and relief sets in stone inside of me, knowing that at least he's alive and breathing. I loom over him, cupping his face, my hands trembling from the fear. "Oh my god—are you okay—Are you hurt—"

    "I don't think so," he wheezes. "I think I just got the wind knocked out of me."

    "Oh thank god," my eyes go up, looking heavenward. "I was so afraid—"

    "I'm fine, Lucky." His face is dusted with snow and I laugh a little, wiping it off his face. His cheeks are rosy and his lips part open to reveal a small smile. "I'm okay."

    "Guess you weren't so ready to go down the slope after all," I say quietly. "I'm sorry."

    "It's not your fault. I just really suck at skiing." Kayden laughs, his gloved fingers lacing through mine.

    "At least you're finally bad at something," I say. "Do you want me to help you up or...?"

    "No. God no," he shakes his head. "I think I might wanna lie here for a while." He tugs on my arm. "Join me?"

    "You're unbelievable." I bat my eyelashes at him, but I oblige him anyway. He sends me another smile and he loops an arm around me as I lie against his chest.

    "This is so not how I imagined skiing would be like." I say, my cheek pressed against his chest. I hear the vibration of his chuckle.

    "This is exactly how I imagined skiing would be like." He presses a kiss on my head. "We should do this more often."

    "What? Skiing? Or fail at skiing so we'd end up in this position?"

    "The second one," he murmurs.

    I lift my face up and tilt it so I can see him. "We should go before the others try to find us."

    "In a minute." He grins lazily, staring at me like he knows it's going to be more than just a minute. I know exactly what he's thinking. The warm flush in his cheeks, the soft graze of his fingers against my back, the slight lick of his lips tells me he knows what is going to happen here.

    "Kayden."

    "Sienna," he murmurs.

    "Lets go," I tug on his arm.

    "You know," he starts off. "This has always been a fantasy of mine."

    "What is?" I whisper.

    He hoists me up and tugs me forward so I'm straddling his hips, my legs on either side of his. He grabs me by the waist and pulls me so my face is inches away from his. "Kissing my girlfriend in the snow."

    "Really?" I laugh. "That's your fantasy?"

    "Actually, it's making love to my girlfriend in the snow but I know you'll never agree to that."

    "You're right. I won't," I place my hand on his cheek and smile. "But I can give you the next best thing."

    And then I lean forward to kiss him.

    I weave my arms around his neck, slowly tugging on his bottom lip. He groans in response, tightening his grip on my waist and shifting his body until his crotch area is directly over mine.

      I feel the hardness through the thick fabric of his pants and I smile against his lips, knowing that I've such an effect on him over such a minute intimate gesture. He growls softly, then deepens the kiss, a sigh escaping his lips, like somehow kissing me has healed him from everything bad that has ever marred him.