Silent Beauty: Chapter Twelve

Start from the beginning

                When I turned around, I suddenly wished that we had just stayed home. Standing there waiting to be seated was my father with a man that I didn’t recognize.

                I held Liam’s hand as if my life my depended on it. I never really expected to see him again so this shook me to my core.

                I felt as if I couldn’t even function of think straight. I just sat completely still as memories of the abuse flashed through my mind.

                Then all of a sudden, it was like my mind just couldn’t handle it anymore. I felt myself slipping into unconsciousness and black started to cloud my vision. I could faintly hear somebody calling out to me, but what they were saying didn’t register to me as I blacked out.

Liam’s POV:

                Ally fell limp into my arms suddenly and I quietly called her name hoping that her father didn’t see us. It was useless, though. She was completely knocked out. The memories that came with seeing his face must just have been too much for her.

                It took all I had not to get up and kill him right now. I couldn’t do that, though, for a couple reasons.

                One, my family was sitting right here and even thought they probably think he deserves to die, they don’t want to witness it. Then we are in a public place, and I really don’t want to go to prison for murder. And last, my mate was not stable right now, so I needed to be with her right now.

                I noticed that her father and the man he was with where being led to a table and were about to pass us, so I pulled Ally into my lap making sure her face was hidden into my shirt. Then I tucked my head into the crook of her neck, so he wouldn’t be able to see my face.

                Once I knew he was gone I lifted my head to see him sitting with his back to us. I let out a breath of relief, and looked at my family to see them all looking at me in confusion. I sighed and pulled out my phone not wanting to risk her dad hearing me.

                I texted Ethan because I knew he wouldn’t scream it out like my mother or sister would and my father might attack her father on the spot. He’s become very protective of Ally as if she was his own daughter.

                ‘That man that just walked in is her father. He is the one sitting with his back to us now.’ I texted and a second later Ethan’s phone went off and after he looked I saw him whisper into my father and sisters ear.

                Then my father told my mother and now everybody was shooting inconspicuous looks at their table but they were too deep in conversation to notice.

                I tuned into their conversation to make sure he hadn’t seen us but what they were talking about made me growl lowly.

                “So, can you find her?” Her father spat out at the other man, and I had a hunch I knew exactly who he was talking about, and I didn’t like it at all.

                “I will find her. Then you can do whatever the hell it is you want with the bitch. Just make sure you don’t leave any evidence. I don’t want to be linked to a murder or anything. Got that?” The man sitting across from him said just as harshly.

                By now I was visibly shaking and I knew I had to get out of their before I did something stupid. So without a word to my family, I picked Ally up bridal style and booked it out of the restaurant.