Mate

"I'm fine. I just stayed with Jacob. I wanted to get out of the house for a while."

"Okay. Well I won't be home till tomorrow probably."

"Okay."

"I've got to go." Then he hangs up. He doesn't do goodbyes.

I walk outside. The boys are practicing fighting. Emily comes over, "how are you feeling?"

"Better." I look at Sam who is training them. "I'm sorry about what I did to Sam."

She rubs my arm, "don't worry. I did the exact same thing." She indicates to her face and I show my arm. "He doesn't blame you and none of the others do either. They took a while but they understand why you had to test them."

I nod. "I miss them to be honest. My fear just took over. I know I'm safe now."

"Are you?" I give her a confused look. "With your boyfriend?"

I nod. "They make me feel safe, most do the time."

She smiles and looks over at Sam. He turns and winks at her before going back to training. A clear blush appears on her cheeks. I nudge her and she smiles.

I sigh, "I need to go home. Change and that." She nods.

Jake comes over, "I'll give you a ride."

"Thanks." The ride is quick and we arrive at mine quickly. "I'm sorry about before."

He smiles, "it's fine. Emily made it clear how you were feeling. No ones angry. They get it now."

"She said that. We still friends?"

He picks me up and spins me, "of course we are. Your my best friend." I burst out laughing and he puts me down.

That's when a car pulls up. Bella and Edward step out, followed by Emmet. Emmet rushes to my side as soon as his out of the car. He glares at Jacob. "She told you to leave her alone."

"It's fine Emmet. Were friends." He looks at me before gritting his teeth. "It's fine. It's sorted."

"You can't trust them." Emmet tenses.

I step away from him, "at least the pack told me the truth."

"What truth?" Bella asks.

"About Victoria killing in Seattle." She sighs and looks at Edward. Emmet runs his hand through his hair. "And you all knew and lied to me."

"Amy, you don't understand....." I cut Bella off.

"No, you don't understand. I'm not knew to this Bella. You are. I've known about werewolves and vampires long before you did so quit acting like I know nothing."

Edward steps in, "Amy you need to calm down. You don't understand understand everything."

Bella says, "I'm trying to protect you. You haven't seen what I have?"

I look at Jacob, "are you serious? You don't need to protect me. How many dangerous vampires have you met? How many have you seen killed?"

"You seen a vampires death?" Emmet chips in.

"I've seen a couple. The pack have killed quiet a few." I turn to Bella. "Don't try to protect me. I can protect myself, I've been doing it long enough. I don't need your protection."

"I'm your older sister."

"By like three minutes. So from now on I get kept in the loop and don't ever lie to me again." I look her straight in the eye. "Were sisters, we need to trust each other and protect each other but right now, you need more protection."

I look at Jacob and Edward. They both get what I'm asking. Jacob and Edward both nod at me. Bella finally clicks on and sighs. Edward speaks first, "we will work together to protect you, both of you." I roll my eyes.

"Did you seriously miss my speech there?" He just chuckles.

Jake heads back to the pack, Edward and Bella head out and we head into the house. I shower and change before heading downstairs. "I'm hungry. Let's go out for lunch."

"Sure."

"Good. Your my boyfriend so your suppose to take me out." He chuckles.

"Where would you like to go?"

*

After I eat, we head back to his. Dads not going to be home so I'm going to stay at his. Plus I have school tomorrow. I sit on his bed with him leaning against the wall post.

The door opens and Rosalie appears. She sighs, "I'm sorry was being rude."

"Fine." She looks at Emmet who nods his head towards me.

She sighs and steps towards me, "I'm really sorry. Would you forgive me?"

"No." This time Emmet looks at me. I stand up. "One, because you don't actually mean it. Two, because I don't like you and you being a vampire doesn't mean shit. So no, your not forgiven."

"Amy." Emmet looks at me with begging eyes.

"No Emmet. She was going to bite me." Emmet looks at her in shock. Rosalie tenses.

"Is that true?" Emmet steps between us. "Rose?"

"It's was only for a moment."

"Get out." She looks at him surprised.

"Emmet...."

"Get away from us now." Emmet steps towards her. I place my hand on his arm and he instantly relaxes.

"Rosalie." She looks at me, I can see the slight fear in her eyes. "I'll look after him. Go please, I don't want him to hurt you." She nods and opens the door before leaving. Emmet turns around.

"Are you okay?"

"Me? Are you okay? What just happened there?" He licks his lips.

"She was....." He sighs. "Erm, I have to tell you something."

"Tell me what?"

He sighs and I places his hand on my cheek, "I've wanted to tell you since I met you. I didn't know how or how your going to take it."

I place my hands on his, "Emmet. What did you want to tell me?"

He looks into my eyes, "your my mate." My jaw drops.