She's My Mate

Third Persons POV

Emmet pushes through the doors and into her room. She lays still aside from her chest movements from her still beating heart. This reassured Emmet slightly. He moves over. "Hi love." He waits as if waiting for a response.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you." He clears his throat. "I should have been but I was worried....honestly I was scared of hurting you." He takes a seat half on the bed, taking her hand in the process. "I cant say this to you when your awake because its too difficult."

He pauses and looks down at her, admiring her beauty and inhaling her enchanting scent that has a slight mix of hospital in it. "Please forgive me." He bends down and kisses her head before letting go of her hand and walking back out.

They all look at him quickly. Charlie returns seconds later. "Can I see her now?"

"Yes." He walks straight in and Bella follows.

Carlisle turns to his son, "I know your angry but we need to remain calm about this."

"He attacked her. She is laying in a hospital bed because of him." That's when Jake walks through the door and over to them. He had waiting outside listening for long enough.

"She shouldn't have provoked him. Then none of this would have happened."

Emmet steps forwards him, "you shouldn't have hurt her then none of it would."

"You should have left her well alone. Then none of it would have happened."

"Your blaming me for her pain." Now they were inches apart.

Carlisle steps in, "both of you calm down now."

Charlie steps back into the room with Bella and shoves the two apart. "What the hell is going on here?"

Jake says, "nothing."

Charlie looks between the two boys, ideas forming in his head that he prays aren't true. Ideas such as two boys liking his daughter. He has enough trouble with two after his other one, he doesn't need them both in an emotional roller-coaster.

"Whatever is it, settle it or leave it." He pauses. "Oh and don't involve either of my daughters."

"Charlie." He looks at her and steps away from them. Secretly he wishes she would call him Dad like Amy does but they have a different relationship than he does with Amy. They aren't distant but he feels Amy is closer to him because she wants to be. Whereas Bella wants a more distant and independent relationship with him.

"When will she wake up?"

"Tomorrow at best. Depending on how she is then she might be able to go home tomorrow." Charlie nods and head back into the room.

Esme looks at her son and Jacob, "both of you need to stop blaming each other and figure out how to gain back Amy's trust."

"Why would she want to trust him?" Jake asks.

"Because she's my mate and I would do anything for her." Suddenly, Jake understands why Emmet behaved the way he did when they took Amy away from him and why he was close to backing down when Amy asked him to.

"Your mates." Emmet nods. "But she doesn't know?"

"I wanted to make sure I could control myself before getting close to her." Jake, although he wouldn't admit it to them especially Emmet, believes that Emmet was doing the right thing. Him and the pack had never thought about what would happen if they lost control around Amy or Bella.

"I have to go talk to Sam." Emmet's anger returns at the name. "And I think we should all meet to discuss this."

Carlisle nods, "I agree but make sure they are calm and we will do the same." Jake nods. Although he hates blood suckers and most of the Cullen's (Edward and Emmet), he does have a sort of respect for Carlisle. He knows he helps people and looks after his own family as well as ensuring the safety of the town. The same way his father does.

Jake returns to the Sam and Emily's house where the pack is gathered. He walks in to find them feasting rather animally. "What news?" Leah asks.

"She's going to be fine."

Sam nods, "and the Cullen's?"

"They agree that we should meet and talk. Oh and that we all need to be calm."

Sam nods, "I agree."

Seth asks, "anything else?"

"Yeah." They all turn to him. "Amy is Emmet Cullen's mate."

"Oh." Leah comments. "She was going to talk to me about someone earlier because Sam arrived." Sam turns to her as soon as she says his name.

Emily asks, "does she know? That she's his mate."

Jake shakes his head, "not yet but she will soon."

Sam nods, "she's probably confused." They all look at him. "For those of you without your imprint you wont understand. She probably doesn't know why she feels so strongly towards him."

Jake agrees, "there was something else he said." Attention was split between the delicious food in front of the pack and Jake. Rather evenly spread. "His not told her because he couldn't control himself."

Sam looks at Emily, clearly looking at the scar he gave her Lovingly she places her hand on his cheek. She smiles at him and he smiles back before turning back to his pack, "I think control is something we all need to work on." He rises. "As much as I wish it, we aren't as controlled as we all think. Amy proved it."

"And got hurt in the process." Seth comments. Everyone looks at him, trying not to upset him anymore than he is.

"Yes she did." Sam walks around to Seth. "That's why were going to fix the problem and train." Seth looks up at him. His always seen Sam as his pack leader and somewhat idol. He knows his the youngest and the newest to phase but Sam has always had faith in him, even when some tease him. Sam's decision for the training, in Seth's eyes, makes him an even better leader.

Emily says, "right, eat up before it goes cold." They all pile back around the table and tuck in.