Chapter 10: The Cracks Appear

Start from the beginning

After the lesson was finished, Bako kept a hold of a satisfied and giddy smirk plastered on his face. And with ought the notice of (Y/n), held his vision fixed on her.

When the lesson came to an end, the azure boy came out with an uplifting atmosphere around him. "I can't wait (Y/n)."

The girl walked off, headed to her second class: history. And unsurprisingly, Jin buoyantly perked up at the sight of her. This time, he was much more open to talking her instead of writing down his words. "How has your morning been?" He politely spoke out, attempting not to let his voice shake.

"It's been pretty neat, Bako has been great company." The male quickly changed his mood completely towards her simple statement. His face a mixture of confusion, disappointment and even some hurt. Though he didn't know why, she was just his partner, and he knew she talked to others outside of history with him. So why did he react in such a way when she mentioned her enjoyment of his best friend's presence. "Jin?! Are you alive?!" (Y/n) snapped the boy out of his wondering state. He hastily sucked in his breath, realising the female's face was at an extremely close proximity with his own. (Y/n) reeled back, satisfied that she had grabbed his attention again. Though this left the emerald eye'd boy in stunned silence. "Jin? Come on, not again!"

"Alright, everyone take your homework out so we can put them up on the display outside." (Y/n) figured that she'll leave the boy to snap himself out and help with the displays. Meanwhile, the catatonic boy was replete with a very unfamiliar emotion. When the girl returned she had a playful grin on her lips.

"I wonder if someone will notice what we've been writing at the back." She snickered, seeing her partner had not moved from his paralysed state. "Jin? Come on man, don't leave the world just yet."

"You have very pretty eyes." (Y/n) obviously became cryptic over the compliment and had to replay the interaction over again to finally get the grip of what was said. In an instance, Jin became even more astonished than the praised girl. "W-what did I say?"

"You said that my eyes were pretty." The boy's parakeet eyes widened in realisation.

"I-I-I'm sorry. I mean your eyes really are pretty, but- I didn't even-" after a futile attempt of explaining himself, the male student gave up and averted his gaze towards his hands.

".....Well, thank you for the compliment." He received a grateful tap on the back from the female and a flattered smile. The boy apprehended himself as he sensed heat raising to his cheeks.

During class, every attempt the girl made to speak with the boy was in vain. He avoided eye contact as well so the female decided to leave him with his own thoughts. She hadn't even noticed how fast the lesson ended. She hoped that she hadn't offended her partner in some way but she got her answer when the boy finally built up the courage to speak again. "(Y/n), do you mind if I ask you to help me out with some of the history work? I-I've been having a bit of trouble catching up with the work." The girl wasn't a bad pupil in the subject, in fact she had very good grades so the (e/c) eyed student concluded that agreeing to the request won't do her any harm. Jin's face light up with life and quickly  put away his equipment, filled with a bit of excitement for their gathering outside of history class. "Thank you. See you during lunch!"

"Alright, see ya- wait what?" (Y/n) flashed back to her agreement of having lunch with Bako. "W-wait, Jin!" But before she could grab his attention once more, he had already made his exit. (Y/n) haphazardly packed her own stuff.

Her next class was English, though she barely payed any heed to anything said or tight during that time. She was too preoccupied with wondering how to explain her situation to the guys. She had to chose between one of them and then explain to the other the situation. She was always a good improviser so she decided to make her choice on the spot since she can't make a decision at this point.

So when Lunch came, (Y/n) took her food from the Chiefs and waited for one of the guys to approach her. She got ready with an apology when she felt a hand on her shoulder, trying to get her attention. But when she turned around, the (h/c) haired girl didn't see the cerulean or caramel haired boys. Instead, it was the stygian musician from yesterday. "Hey, do you want to join me in my music practice. You can take your lunch too." (Y/n) could only state at him, split in a three way selection. The boy awaited her answer in anticipation, but was interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Ren? Hey, what are you doing here." Jin greeted his friend but paused when he saw who the dark male was talking to. He gave Ren a quick glance, almost with a warning vibe.

"Hi (Y/n)!" Bako approached from the other side, also surprised at the two boys that stood around the female. "Hey guys." He addressed them in a puzzled tone, and looked back at the girl for answers. (Y/n) stood silently, acting like nothing is out of place while she was screaming profanities in her mind. "(Y/n), shall we go?" Bako went over to take the girl's hand but she was pulled away before he could even get close.

"Actually, (Y/n) promised me that she would help me with my history work." Jin told Bako steadily and unhesitantly.

"O-oh, I hoped she would come and keep me company while I performed." The coal eyed boy piped in. All the boys looked towards the girl in question for an explanation.

Just when she finally felt at loss for words the female felt two arms grip her shoulders tightly.

"Actually, your all wrong. She's coming with me."