Chapter XXXVIII

(Y/n) groaned and sat up, rubbing her eyes. She squinted at the digital clock sitting on the table and sighed when she saw the numbers. It was 3 in the morning. She looked over at Karma, who was sleeping peacefully beside her. She brushed some of his red hair away from his face and stared at the angelic face. She finally got out of bed and stretched, wanting some water. She went down to the kitchen and opened the fridge. Groaning, she closed the door and rubbed her (e/c) eyes when she found no water there. There was no other bottled water and the tap had no water because they were doing some kind of maintenance on it.

Scratching her head, she went back up. She turned on the toilet lights and went in, walking to the sink. She turned on the tap and sighed when nothing came out. 'I should've known...' She rubbed her eyes and went to her bedroom, taking out a hoodie and putting it on. She pulled the hood on which barely did anything to hide the cat ears and sighed. 'Well, I just have to deal with this for a while more. Hopefully just a few hours more.' She tucked her tail in her pants, which was very uncomfortable. She took her wallet from her bag lying on the floor before going over to Karma's room. She peered in to see his resting figure curled up on the bed. She smiled and knelt down beside his bed, softly kissing his forehead.

She got up and got the keys Karma had put on his bedside table. She closed the door softly and tiptoed down before going out the door, locking it behind her. (Why is it that usually in anime, when the kids go to school, they just open the door like it's unlocked? Is it? There's a question for you guys to think about.) Stuffing the keys into her pocket, she looked around before swiftly running to the nearest convenience store. When she got there, she lowered her ears as low as she could. She had successfully ran all the way there unnoticed and just wanted to get a bottle of water.

She grabbed 2 bottles in case and went over to pay at the cashier. The guy at the counter looked up from his phone and scanned the bar codes, putting then in a plastic bag. "¥120 please (about 1USD)." (Y/n) dug around her purse, pulling out 2 coins. After she paid, she quickly grabbed the bag and went out, her hood slipping a bit. She hurriedly put it back up and the cashier blinked. He shook his head and looked back at his phone, dismissing it as his imagination. (Y/n) walked quickly, looking around and tugging at her hood, clutching on the plastic bag. At the traffic junction, she stopped at the red light.

Tapping her foot impatiently, she held onto her hood harder. (Y/n) had a bad feeling in her stomach and just wanted to get home as soon as she could. The lights turned green just as a gust of wind blew her hood of her head, exposing her unusual ears situated on the top of her head. Cursing under her breath, (y/n) quickly pulled her hood together head, crossing the road. A man that was driving down the road caught this unusual sight and in his shock, didn't notice the red lights.

As (Y/n) lay on the road, the driver panicking and hurriedly calling an ambulance, her cat ears and tail quietly melted away.

BTW is anyone going for AFA?