Chapter 9: Scones

"I'm still waiting for that picture," Arthur said, looking over at Alfred, who was sitting at the edge of his bed.

"Huh?" Alfred gaped at Arthur, who rolled his eyes.

"I already played you that song," Arthur said.

Alfred blushed, thinking back a week ago when Arthur had played his guitar at a street corner the first time. He had played the last song he remembered playing to Alfred like he had said he would. Alfred was so amazed he'd thrown 20 dollars into the guitar case and begged to hear it again.

He hadn't finished the picture yet though.

"Er, right, you did, didn't you?" Alfred pulled at the folds of the sheet, nervous.

"Something wrong?"

"No, I just," Alfred tugged at his hair, "You know, you might not like the finished product,"

Arthur rolled his eyes, "Don't be ridiculous. I've seen your art before you know,"

"Uwah!"

"You're in the art club! Your stuff is hanging everywhere,"

"Oh yeaaa," Alfred laughed and rubbed his head, "Sorry. It's just kinda embarrassing,"

Arthur smiled a little and shook his head, "Alright, I get it,"

"So what are we gonna do for this weird report," Alfred held up a piece of paper given to the class by the History teacher.

"Hell if I know," Arthur leaned back, "What did we say we were doing ours on?"

"Um," Alfred looked over the paper, "The Revolutionary War in America,"

"Hm, never was interested in that,"

"What for?"

Arthur leaned forward, "The way I learned it made me think of Britain as the bad guy," he frowned, "Raising taxes, the Boston Tea Party. I admit it, King George was a tyrant, but still," he propped his chin in his palm, "Seems a bit......weird how it all went down,"

"I looked British colonies up on Google once. Apparently they've infiltrated over 90% of the world’s countries," Alfred said.

"Makes me proud to be British," Arthur smiled at the flag over his bed.

"And I'm proud to be American," Alfred grinned, "We've done our share of bad things in the past, but all in all I'm pretty patriotic,"

Arthur smirked, "It's a bit odd doing a report on this subject,"

"How so?"