Chapter 48 - Violence Repeated

Start from the beginning

But Crystal just scoffed at that before telling them to get to their car, which just like her stuck out among all the others. It wasn't an Old World car, but it was definitely different because unlike all the others which were either white or shades of grey, hers was black with large neon blue stripes on the sides. Lauren followed them but when they reached the car she persisted in trying to get them to just go someplace safe because in order to get to Roy they'd have to go through some of the more populated parts of the city.

"Cut the heroic attitude would you?" Crystal snapped as she opened the door. "The best way for us to be safe is to keep moving and not wait for out apartment to be the next one that gets either blown up or shot at. So get in I'll take you where you need to go, but then we're out of here until this shit calms down." Crystal was getting in but upon seeing that Lauren hadn't even moved she stood back up and screamed at her. "Bitch if you don't get in the car I swear to God I'm going to slap the holy hell out of you until you do!"

The way in which Crystal said that told Lauren that she wasn't playing around, and having gotten to know the other girl a little better since she'd been working for Leon, she knew that Crystal didn't shy away from getting into a scrap. So she opened the back door and crawled into the back seat, her foot barely leaving the ground when Crystal pulled out of the parking place like a bat out of hell. The blue haired girl asked Lauren where it was she needed to be and when Lauren told her she didn't even try to hold in her response. She told Lauren that she was out of her 'effing' mind to try and go there when all hell was apparently breaking loose. Though she didn't say that in so many nice words of course as Crystal took a hard right turn heading for the park.

Lauren looked out of her window at all the young people that were already out in the streets with their faces mostly covered. It felt like Lauren was watching a movie because everything that she'd seen in films that had a riot scene was playing out right in front of her. People were running through the streets and going after others with baseball bats, pipes, and even what looked like knives. Lauren's eyes went wide when she saw a mob of people enclose on a few demons who'd shed their human skin and were already covered in wounds and appeared like they'd already been fighting for a while. But the moment that mob came in those few demons didn't last more than a few seconds before the mob got them on the ground and were beating them with whatever they had.

Lauren felt her eyes begin to water at the sight of even more demons being run down by people on their bikes waving chains and anything heavy that they could get their hands on. She was too far to see just how old those demons were but just judging from their size they couldn't have been very old at all, lower teens at the most. Just before one of the people was about to hit one of them however, another demon came from seemingly out of nowhere and tackled them from their bike just as the car went passed a building to cut off her view.

They didn't have to got very far at all into the city before they ran into the first big mass of bodies tangled together in a big brawl. She didn't see very many demons but those that she did see were no longer in their human skin and from the looks of it they were doing quite a bit of damage as well. The sight was such a shock that even Crystal slowed the car for just a moment as if her brain couldn't wrap around what it was she was seeing happening right in front of her.

That all changed though the instant they heard the passenger side door open up and a guy with a hood and scarf hiding his face tried coming in yelling for them to run the 'fuckers' down. Crystal's girlfriend screamed and started hitting the man while Crystal herself produced a can of pepper spray and emptied half of the can right in the man's eyes. While he was still inside she floored it and made a sharp left turn throwing the guy right out of the door nearly dragging her girlfriend out with him. Crystal told her to shut the door and strap herself in before she gunned it heading straight for Canal Park now as fast as the car would take them.