38

Chapter Thirty-Eight

One Month Later

Andy's POV

Riley lay, asleep on the left side of me, but I was wide awake, staring at her stomach. I knew that if she looked up at me now then it wouldn't be a very good thing for her to see. Who could blame her for being freaked up when she woke up to see she was being stared at when she was asleep? I still couldn't get over the fact that in two months Riley and I will finally be parents. In two months I will be able to hold my girl for the first time in my life. I will be able to kiss her head and tell her how beautiful she is.

My hand moved as though a new force was doing it. It gently rested on her stomach and rubbed it, knowing that my daughter was in there. Riley squeezed her eyes tighter as though she was having a nightmare, but her hand rested on my own. She turned her head and calmed down again.

Just as I let my head rest back on the pillow, Jake walked past, looking in and then doing a double take. He shot me a confused look at the fact that I was simply looking at the ceiling with my hand on Riley's stomach whilst she was asleep. Hey, we all have weird antics, but you don't see me whining about it.

"Can I help you?" I asked as he stayed looking at me.

"No, I'm good" He laughed, walking down the stairs. Rolling my eyes, I turned to face Riley to see her beginning to stir in her sleep. Her eyes fluttered open and settled on mine.

"Good morning" She sighed, taking a look at the alarm clock, struggling to turn that far. Finally giving up, she thumped back down on the bed. "Oh, how I hate being pregnant."

"Yeah, but it's all worth it in the end" I retorted, sitting up from the bed and heading into the bathroom to get changed. I pulled off the tee shirt that I fell asleep in as well as the jeans and picked up another pair of matching black jeans along with a Sleeping with Sirens tee. I ran my fingers through my hair, finally taming it; I unlocked the door again so Riley could get in to get ready and headed downstairs.

When I arrived on the first floor, I could see Jake making some form of food. I looked over his shoulder to see him attempting to make a fried egg. It looked horrendous so I looked around the kitchen for a bit. I found the loaf of bread and put two slices in the toaster as Jake looked up from his mess.

"I'd be a crap dad" Jake laughed, yet his words seemed so much deeper than just that. I suddenly had the image of me making my daughter toast every morning for school and desperately trying to figure out how to cook something for her when she comes back home from school.

"I can't cook anything" I complained as I got my toast from the toaster, buttering it and placing it on the small plates that I keep in the pantry.

"Riley can cook. She'll teach you" Jake solved. I breathed a sigh of relief as I sat at the kitchen table, Jake taking the seat opposite me. He set his plate down and stabbed his fork into it, ready to eat the thing that I would describe as mush.

"That looks awful" I commented, making a look of sheer disgust at the plate and Jake for getting ready to shovel it into his mouth.

"Oh, fuck" Jake complained tipping the food into the bin. "Do not eat that. Whatever you do, don't subject yourself to that kind of torture" He warned.

"I wasn't planning on it" I said, the look of disgust still marking my face as he spat the food in his mouth into the bin. "I'm not sure if I want Savannah to know you"

"You're calling her Savannah?" Jake asked, small crystal blue tears dotting his eyes. His mouth opened slightly as if he was going to say something else, but didn't bother.