34

Chapter Thirty-Four

One month later

Riley's POV

The past month had been one of the most enjoyable months of my life. I finally felt as though I could relax about the baby but everyday seemed to be a struggle. I always worried about the baby's safety but I knew I couldn't let it rule everything. Too much stress could harm the baby as well.

I was three months gone now and I was finally beginning to show. It was only a small bump but all I could see was pride in it. Nobody at school had realised which, I suppose is good. Andy had been even more caring than ever and he constantly seemed to be staring at my stomach. I could tell that he would be a great dad.

When I woke up, I felt ill so I hurried over to the bathroom and sat down near the toilet. It was only five in the morning so I tried my best to stay quiet but Andy was a light sleeper. He appeared in the doorway and when he saw what was happening, he came and sat next to me. His hand took mine as he laced his fingers in mine.

"I hate being pregnant" I groaned. I could feel him chuckle beside me as he wrapped an arm around me.

"How worth it will it be when we hold our baby for the first time?" He sighed.

"It'll be very worth it" I mumbled as I stood up and walked back to the bed, not feeling as ill as I did. Andy followed and sat on the bed next to me but this time he pulled me onto his chest and held onto me tightly.

"I don't like seeing you like this" He whispered into my ear. I cuddled up close to him as I closed my eyes and tried to block out the feeling of wanting to vomit.

"I don't like it either" I chuckled. I rolled my eyes as I heard the floorboards creak and Jake stepped into the doorway.

"Is everything okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine, I just thought I was going to be sick" I laughed. He grinned lightly before leaving us alone again. It may have only been a short stay but it was nice of him to check on everything.

"Maybe we should just sit up for a while" Andy suggested. I may be tired but I couldn't pass up this opportunity. I wanted to spend as much time with Andy as possible before the baby comes. I didn't resent the baby but I knew that it would be difficult for Andy and I to spend time together after she was born.

Snuggling up to Andy, I sighed in absolute pleasure. It was difficult to explain but if I was to try then I would end up saying that just being with Andy was one of the best things I've ever experienced. Whenever I'm with Andy, I feel safe, I feel as though I can never get hurt.

Andy's POV

I pulled her closer to me and held on as tightly as I could. I hated seeing her ill and the thought of her just feeling uncomfortable sent shivers down my spine.

"I can't wait for this baby to be out of me" Riley sighed just as I thought I was about to fall asleep.

"So you can meet her?" I asked.

"No, so I can stop feeling ill" She laughed. A smile rose to my face as I gently chuckled.

We lay there for what felt like hours until the sun started rising and the house started getting livelier. At about seven in the morning someone started banging on the door. I hurried downstairs and opened it slowly to reveal Jinxx. He smiled at me and pushed his way inside before I even had a chance to open the door fully. That was the charm of Jinxx.

"How's Riley?" He asked. He had probably been the one who had been most worried about Riley, aside from me and Jake. I guessed it was because he had known Riley for almost as long as Jake had.