"Well..." He smirks. "Once upon a time, there was a Niall!" He acts like he's a professional fairy tale reader, knowing that it will make me laugh. And It does. I burst out laughing he smirks proud.

"Niall." I roll my eyes and control my laugh. I stop and then everything gets serious again. My heart already starts racing even though he hasn't even started yet.

"First of all, we're just friends. Nothing happened between us and nothing will happen between us." Niall starts.

"Who are you referring to? You and I or you and that girl?" As soon as the words leave my mouth, a knife enters my heart. I just had to ask even though it hurts.

"Me and the girl." Niall takes a deep breath and runs his fingers through his hair once again. That's what he always does when he's nervous. "We're just friends."

"So you lie to me and rather go out clubbing with a girl friend, instead of spending time with me, Niall? Am I understanding this right?" A tear rolls down my cheek. I would scream at him, but my voice stays cold which hurts him more.

"No! No, no, no. It's-it's just..." He struggles to find the right words. Niall takes another deep breath again and I stand up from my bed. The strong desire to leave my own apartment is strong and leads me away form my bed. Niall stands himself in my way though and won't let me go pass him.

"It's just what?!" I raise my voice. My eyes are wide open, I breath heavily and slowly and my heart is racing.

"It's just..." He can't seem to finish and it drives me crazy. I'm sick of people saying "It's just..." And then never ever finish the sentence. It's just what?!

"What?" it comes out as a whisper and my body starts to shake. I shiver and take a deep breath. Niall steps closer to me, noticing that I'm not 100 percent okay. He holds onto my shoulders and looks down at me. I look to the side, avoiding his eyes.

"Olivia..." He puts his finger under my chin and turns it so that I'm looking at him. He lifts my chin and our eyes meet. A warm feeling starting from my heart spreads around my body and it starts to heat up. I knew that no blanket would warm me up, only Niall could. The connection that went lost in the last few days, builds up again and for a moment, I forget what happened the last week and get lost in his eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Can you please just explain everything to me?" I ask. I'm too exhausted to fight it anymore. I should be more stubborn, make him feel even more sorry, make him feel like I feel, hurt.

He nods and cups my cheek with one hand. He wipes a tear away with his thumb. I wasn't even noticing that it escaped my eye. "Let's sit down... okay?" He suggests.

I nod. He takes my hand and leads me to my bed. We sit down next to each other and he holds both my hands.

"Look, the thing is... I know that it hurt you to see me with her. I know that... you-you danced with Adam last night and that hurt me." Niall explains and looks down to his lap.

"You noticed?" I ask even though it was obvious that he noticed. After all he attacked him and started a fight. But most of the time he was looking at his phone, so maybe he didn't see everything. Maybe he didn't see how drunk I got because of him. Maybe he didn't see that I was also flirting with Dave, if that's really the bar tender's name.

"Of course I noticed!" He exclaims and takes a deep breath. "You-you flirted with him and... the bar tender... and you-you got drunk... all because of me. You hurt me because I hurt you. I'm sorry, princess." He apologizes and my heart skips a beat. One side of me regrets hurting him, the other side thinks it was right. He wouldn't have learned his lesson if I hadn't done it.. right? But what is even the lesson to learn? That if he hurts me, I hurt him?

I sigh. "I'm sorry, Niall."

I'm sorry for being childish and hurting you after you hurt me.

"You don't have to be sorry, Olive. It's all my fault." He says but I shake my head. "Yes. Yes, it is all my fault." He speaks louder. "I should have told you earlier."

Now it's my turn to cup his face and connect our eyes. "Told me what?"

"I-I just wanted to protect you." He admits. Why are you making so many pauses?, my inner voice yells at him. Just tell me everything!

"Protect me form what, Niall?" I let one hand go as he holds my other hand on his cheek.

"There-there were already pictures of you and I and I-I didn't like that. I mean,don't understand me wrong, I love having pictures of us on our phones... but I don't like that the press knows about you. You were supposed to me my little secret." His eyes start to sparkle and I want to kiss him but I have to hear everything first. I nod understanding.

"We weren't really good in keeping it private, were we?" I quietly chuckle.

"We weren't." Niall kisses my forehead and continues.

"I went out with my mates and her because I wanted the press to focus on her. She's a model, she already has press around her. She's used to it and you're not. See, princess, I just want you be able to be you. I don't want paparazzi to follow you around because you're my girlfriend. I want you to be able to walk around and go into stores without getting photographed by some random men. I want to protect you and know that you can live a normal life while I'm on tour. I don't want people walk behind you and follow you. I just want you to be who you are. I don't want you to worry about anything." He takes a deep breath.

It's a lot that he wants and I love it.

"See... I went out with her, so they can focus on her and not you. I just want you to be able to be your carefree self. I want you to walk around with your friends and not get stalked by the paparazzi. I mean, it's their job, but it's fucking annoying. And... I know that you didn't want me to know... but Sophia told me anyways because she thought it would only be the best... so don't be angry at her okay?"

"What did she tell you?" I ask even though I already know what she told him. I can feel it. If she hadn't told him, he wouldn't have reacted that strong. But I'm not angry at her. To be honest I'm very thankful. Niall is so sweet and wants so much for me. He wants me to be me and be carefree. It really warms my heart that he's so worried about me. With every word that left his mouth, I fell in love with more and more - if that's even possible.

"She told me that you cried after you girls got into the car. And I know that it wasn't the first time. Princess, I saw your tears even when you tried to hide them. I feel it when you're fighting them. I feel it right now." He cups my face and rests his forehead on mine. Niall is right, tears are building up.

"Niall..." I chuckle and a tear escapes my eye. He wipes it away and laughs against my lips before he kisses me. I kiss him back and it feel like it has been forever since the last kiss even though it has only been a day. It feels like forever that we connected like we do right now. It feels like forever that I can feel his skin on mine, his lips on mine, his breath on mine.

"I just don't want you to cry." Niall mumbles against my lips and we pull apart. I nod understanding and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Gosh, I love you." I smile and we kiss again.

"I love you even more." He chuckles. "Are we now ready for Ireland?"He wants to know and stands up. Over the days, I completely forgot the we're flying to Ireland. Ethan and I had it already planned and only two weeks ago, Niall told me that he would fly with us and maybe stay with us or maybe I could stay with him. I completely forgot.

"I guess so." I smirk.

A strong feeling inside though, tells me that it won't be as wonderful as I hope. A strong feeling tells me that things will for sure go wrong.

The question now is: Will Niall and I survive it?