1.

TEN YEARS LATER:

Jc's POV:

Moving in with my friends is cool, right? Yes, it is cool, so cool. I mean, I'm already twenty eight. It's time to have my own life. Don't get me wrong I love my mom. But I wanna have my own life and do things without her being always behind my back.

Andrea and Ricky, my best friends I am going  to live with, found a house in New York that we could afford. Well, it won't be just the three of us. Andrea has a friend in New York who she met when she was there last year. He has a big house for himself and he will appreciate new roommates.. At least that's what she said. 

I want to go back to New York. I used to live there when I was younger and moved out few years ago, after my parents got divorced. And I miss the city, honestly. Can't wait to refresh all of my memories. Visit my favourite places, if they still exist, and so on.

I just couldn't wait. 

"Jc." Andrea bumped into me, dragging her suitcase. "Help."

I picked it up and she smiles at me as I'm putting it in the car. "Excited?"

"Yeah." I nod and close the door. "Where's Ricky? He's not going with us?"

"No," Andrea shakes her head and flip her long hair. "He's going with his mom. She wants to enjoy him while she still can."

We both get in the car and get on the way. There's uncomfortable silence and I feel like I should ask something, so I do.

"What is he like?"

"Oh, Kian? He's sweet, don't worry, you'll love him." he laughs and nods. "Well at least I did." 

I know they had some kind of affair when she was staying there but she refuses to tell me more about it. 

"what does he look like?"

"You'll see." she says, turning on the radio so that I don't ask any more questions. It's weird. She keeps telling us, how amazing this Kian is, but whenever I ask how does he look like or what does he like, to get to know him, she changes the topic.

He's a mystery to me. Mystery soon-to-be-solved because as soon as I live there, he'll stop being all mysterious. He's gonna be my roommate after all so how could he stay a mystery.

"Are there enough rooms for all of us?" I ask, lowering the volume so she can hear me. She looks away from the window and at me. "Well, three bedrooms. One room was his gym but he decided to make another bedroom from it. That's where you will stay."

I just nod and concentrate on the road. The airport was near by so we get there in half an hour.

Ricky's already waiting there with his mom, who is hugging him like there's no tomorrow. "Mom." I hear him whisper when he notices us. 

"Mom!" she lets him go and smiles through her tears. "I'm gonna miss you."

"We can skype every night." he says softly and she nods. 

***

Few hours later and we're here. New York, New York. 

"He should be waiting for us." Andrea announces and we grab our suitcases, trying to get out. I notice a guy holding a paper with "Andrea Russett" written on it and when she notices him too, he drops her bags and runs towards him. He catches her as she jumps into his arms and they kiss. Nothing steamy, it's just a peck, friendly kiss. 

He puts her down and helps her get her suitcases ans bags into his car. Well, it's more a van than a car but I'm not complaining, at least there will be enough space for all of us. 

I feel him staring at me as I'm throwing my suitcases into his car. It's weird. Why is he looking at me. At me, out of all people.

Andrea takes the chance and starts introducing us. First, she looks at me. Then at Kian.

  "Jc, this is Kian, my best friend. Kian, this is Jc." Andrea smiles at both of us.

 "We've met already." Kian says.

 I frown, confused. "Have we?"  

But before he could answer, Andrea introduces Ricky to him and Kian hugs him. He hugs him but didn't hug me. Why?  If he knows me, then he should have hugged me. I want a hug.

And how the hell he knows me?

***

*AN* So here it is, another chapter. If you think that I made them meet too soon, well don't worry. Kian might said that they'd met but he's not gonna say how or when. You'll have to wait for this :D anyway, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. If you did, leave a comment or a vote,please :) ily xx