Chapter 29 - The Missing Twin

MINETTE POV

After my meeting with Countess Belona we teleported back to the Barren and I talked to Ava and Ella. We had to be discreet on my plan and since Ava foreseen what is going to happen she was hesitant but later on agreed. After we made sure that everything was done accordingly I flight back to Finland. Karl on the other hand never stopped asking about my conversation with the Countess. I ignored it by making him taking a picture with me thank God he didn't open the topic again. We arrived at the airport and I never contact anyone to inform I'm back.

"Let's head to the parking my baby is waiting." I pulled his hands.

I assumed Karl knew what I meant but instead he gave a scowl face. I jumped in with excitement the moment I saw it.

"Get in stranger and stop frowning or I'll contact Cedrik." I teased him.

"I know you won't." He smiled.

I revved the engine and drove at maximum speed with no more complains from Karlsten. Just before we reached the tunnel I handed him an envelope.

"What is this?" Karl held it.

"Open it when this is over and made sure Dad is safe." I instructed him.

"Kitten, are you alright?" Karl shook my shoulder.

"Someone broke the barrier I can't sense it anymore. The Hunters will reach the Barren since they have been spotted here before." I'm alerted instantly.

From a distance I saw red flames and smelled Hunters I immediately saw them carrying massive weapons like crossbows, axes and shields. Some of my guards are probably fighting as I opened my link and my only thought is saving my father.

'How many Hunters are there?' I inquired.

'Majesty!! The Hunters are attacking the south wing I estimated fifty in four directions of the Barren.' The head guard contacted me.

'Guard the rest of the Barren and don't kill any Hunters. I will handle them.' I cut the link.

"The Barren is under attack."  I notified Karlsten.

I didn't wait anymore time I hopped out of the car and that's when I noticed twenty Hunters coming. I waved my hands to send them flying inside the forest I'm not sure they will be hurt but I'm hoping only few casualties will be counted. If they even touch a single hair of my father I will definitely kill them.

*** The moment you unleash it will be your death. ***

The words suddenly stuck in my head and right now I really don't mind dying for him. He has been a great father to me and a great husband to Mom so my life is worthy for them.

"Karl, please go to the Dungeon and get Dad and Morgan I can handle here." I am he didn't oppose.

"Be careful Kitten... I love you." Karl pecked my lips and we parted.

My eyes are starting to blaze but I keep my rage at bay against the traitor inside my Barren. Soon I will identify him or her after I killed the leader of the Hunters. I stand firmly in front of my Barren and await the attack.

The Hunters saw me and started aiming the crossbows on my direction I stopped it mid-air and throw it back on them. I meditated and build a high wall of fire around the Barren it will be enough to hold them away. I entered my Barren and immediately search for Cedrik he might not be my true Chosen but he is still my friend.

'CEDRIK!! WHERE ARE YOU?!' I shouted through the link until I reached my chamber.

'MINA!! I'M HERE IN THE DUNGEON I GOT THE HUNTERS LEADER AND THE TRAITOR!!' He answered in panic.