Chapter 16 - The Predicted Reaction

KARLSTEN POV

True to her words Ette drove at maximum speed of 188 mph for a vampire it's totally normal since we can move at same speed but for normal human they can die in an instant. All throughout the car ride I keep glancing at Ette but it's contrary on her part she never spoke a word and kept her eyes on the road until we get to our destination.

"Where did you learn driving that fast?" I tried to have a conversation with her.

"Cedrik taught me." She casually reacts. 

"You're still as hostile as ever from the day I met you." I hide my jealousy.

"I'm sorry to burst your bubble Elder but I can't relate with your thoughts." She parked the car.

"That's why we are here to relive that memory of yours right?" I fired back.

"If you will render any more help open the door instead of chatting with me." She pointed to the door.

Since the house is owned by vampire we don't need to knock or come unannounced. Our presence is enough for us to be identified seconds later we saw Apprentice Ava and Apprentice Regan in front of us staring blankly.

"ETTE!! OH GOD!! IT'S YOU!! FINALLY!!" Ava was first to hug her.

"Who are you?" Ette knitted her eyebrows.

Ava suddenly retracted and stared at Ette I guess by now, she already knew what happened and why Ette didn't react.

"She's Apprentice Ava and this is Apprentice Regan." I feed her the information.

"I see." Ette is ready to pounce at her.

"I'm sorry for my action I was just excited to see you again." Ava gave me a sympathetic look.

"It's fine." Ette gave a dismissive tone.

"Elder, where is Master? Why isn't here with you?" Apprentice Regan curiously asked.

"He was still in the Barren we had a compromise deal." I informed him.

"Is Master okay I mean he is not dead right?" Regan sounded tense.

"No need to worry he is alive and breathing. After this we will go back here and take him with us for now I need to arrange a flight back in Germany." I guaranteed him.

"We are actually planning to go back there since it's been three days since you last contacted us Eloise was calling me nonstop and I ignored it." Ava keeps me on tab.

"She resembles Eloise but I can tell her strong personality was from Master. When do you plan to leave Elder." Regan complimented her oblivious to the situation.

"In an hour I will just make a quick call to get the plane settled. Will that be fine if we stay a little more?" I asked for his approval.

"Of course! You're free to stay as long as you can." He smiled.

"Thanks so much for everything especially for helping the search." I shook hands with him.

"It's my pleasure to serve Master I owe him so much." He answered courteously.

"Hold that thought what do you mean search?" Ette suddenly interrupts us.

"You've been gone for three years and we wanted to find you so we search for you in every part of the country. Apprentice Regan was the one who find the forest that leads us to your Barren." I informed her.

"So you're the vampire that lurked to the forest last week? Tell me or I'll rip your throat." Ette facial expression changed from bored to fiery.

"Ye---s it's me Master contacted me few months ago asking for help." He stuttered.

"Ette, don't hurt him he just did what he is asked." I tried to calm her.

"WHO ELSE IS AFTER ME ASIDE FROM YOU AND THE HUNTERS?" Ette's voice shook the house.

"The Council." I came towards her.

"I'm not the enemy here but the Hunters." She finally calmed.

"Why don't you sit down and relax before you tear this place into pieces. I'll tell everything you need to know I think there is some information Margo is hiding from you." I guided her.

We proceed to the den and sat while Apprentice Regan left to give us some privacy.

"Ette before you went missing there has been crimes involving killing of humans. According to our Covenant we are not allowed to kill humans or feed unless it's done the proper way." Ava started slowly.

"What does it mean?" Ette's baffled tone.

"It means we only take blood bags not getting it directly on human and most definitely not on Hunters." I added in her knowledge.

"Aside from that we don't take Hunter's blood and before you went missing they were our alliance before the crimes happened." Ava continued.

"I don't understand Margo told me they are vampire's prime enemy. That is my main goal I killed them and feed on them why does she have to lie to me about it?" Ette keeps shaking her head.

"Because she revolt against Andreas I mean your father." I cut in this time.

"Why would she do that?" Ette asked bewildered.

"She was against the Master and the Council's way of living so she killed humans to feed herself. Margo was punished and became a Shadow after her last fed who apparently was a Hunter." Ava clarified.

"That is contrary to her story and you Elder commanded her to do it." Ette disagreed.

"I didn't do such thing I was against it from the beginning she fed you with lies. She was caught red handed by Master himself I knew it because I was with her that time." I tried to convince her.

"All these information are rocking my brain Margo is not that person you are talking about. I've been with her for three years and she's been loyal to me so it's hard to believe what you are trying to tell me. Every word that came from you are against her and I am not going to believe that." Ette defended Margo as expected.

"Perhaps Apprentice Ava needs to convince you she can see the past, present and future in one's mind. She just needs to channel her thoughts in your head are you okay with it?" I interpret the idea.

"I would prefer doing it in front of the Council it's my assurance you're not building up this illusions." Ette declined.

"Of course we understand you trusted Margo more than us." Ava and I nodded in defeat.

"I will check if the plane is ready. Be back soon and please prepare to leave after that." I kindly requested.

I left them and contact Eloise to inform about Andreas whereabouts. The moment she answered I told her everything but leaving the part about Ette's memory. I can feel the sadness in her tone but thrilled to hear Ette is returning home. I begged her to keep it a secret until we arrived and she agreed. After few words we bid goodbye and I confirmed our departure.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter ;)

Thank you so much!

••••• MJ Cristine