Chapter 13 - The Blood Hunting

MINETTE POV

I stayed inside my chamber to come up with the best solution about the deal with the Elder. When he claimed me as his Chosen in honesty it makes me flatter I don't know why but I felt I'm drawn with his presence but I choose to ignore it. Everytime he stares at me there is a certain familiarity on it that I can't quite determine.

"M, can I come in?" Margo knocked with hesitation.

"Open." I muttered and it did.

This is the difference between me and the Master who apparently is my alleged father. He can use his mind to manipulate the elements while I need to wave my hands. If only we are human I could've asked for DNA test to prove their allegations well we are still but with all the bloods in our system it's impossible. It made me partially convinced we are related because every vampire can only have heir from their Chosen so why I can't have with Cedrik?

"M, are you listening to me?" Margo nudged me.

"Why? What is it?" I shook my head in return.

"You seem to be distracted for the last couple of days. This is out of your character and I'm worried." She observed me.

"I will not deny it since I've been having a lot of issues to deal with." I folded my arms.

"Maybe it's time you go out and feed I think it will make you feel better." Margo recommended.

Eversince this whole ETTE incident turned up I couldn't focus. My mind is too clouded that I didn't even hunt to feed Margo is right. I decided to join those prisoners I need more energy.

"I'll be back after an hour." I stood up.

"Feed on the best Hunter!" Her tone sounds jolly.

I changed my clothes and left my chamber immediately. Cedrik is currently checking the perimeters so I'm good to go.

'I'm going to feed my sweets. Be back soon.' I notified him.

'Be safe. No killings.' He reminded me and I just ignored it.

I need to find another Hunter then kill it that way I can satisfy myself and I knew the perfect place to find them.

"The Archers Club." I read the lodge name.

It's a tavern where the Hunters usually hang out or just boozing themselves. Another good thing about me is the Hunters can't detect my vampire traits. My skin is same as human, I still have heartbeat, blood in my veins and lastly I don't wear any gems.

"Hi, what can I get you?" A waiter approached me when I seated by the bar.

"Finlandia, keep it coming." I ordered flatly.

I found my target he smells like a strong Hunter just by thinking of his fresh blood excites my veins. A little trick called seducing and flirting always work on them. The problem with Hunters they are protected and we can't use our compulsion. They are entitled to free will because of a certain potent herb called Vervain in some form.

It's a vampire's most well-known weakness and it will burn us if made physical contact. Worse thing can happen is our throat and digestive tract will be burned, become feverish and extremely weak.

"I don't think it's appropriate for a beautiful lady like you to get drunk." He winked at me.

"What does a beautiful lady like me should drink then?" I flirted with him.

"How about I make you a first glass and tap it then I'll personally attend to you." He gulped and smiled.

"I like the latter part better show me what you got." I winked back at him.

He nodded and worked on my drinks in highball glass. I can see him pouring the cranberry vodka and ice then added orange juice and stir it gently.

"Here you go beautiful." He handed me slowly.

"Thanks handsome." I sipped the cocktail.

"Pleasure... how was it? Do you like it?" He served some cashew.

"I love it what does it called?" I moaned playfully.

"Cranberry tart, the alcohol content is 16% it's just about right for you." He sure is a typical Casanova. 

"Seems you really know what type of girl I am." I made him see more of my chest.

"Does a beautiful lady have a name?" He stared at me intently.

"Anne." I grabbed his hand this time.

"Suits you well any occasion why you're here? Boyfriend troubles? A bad break up?" He leaned forward.

"I'm very much single and available. You... any girlfriends?" I leaned as well.

"None that I know of I guess it's a matched." He wiped my lip with his finger.

"Yes, it is. Wanna hang out with me after your shift?" I eagerly asked thinking of his blood in my head.

"My shift is over in an hour can you hold on to me that long?" His tone sounded a little timid.

"I can assure you, I can hold you for that long." I gave him a double meaning.

Our conversation was cut off when some men called out I gave him views of my legs when I stood up to use the restroom. I can tell his starting to feel uncomfortable on his department. What an easy target ha ha ha! I laughed to myself. I'm such a great actress! For now, I need to keep my patience and hunger at bay it's just an hour more anyway. After I did my business I washed my hand and went back to my chair.

"Are you still good to hang out?" He spoke from behind me.

I noticed the waiter is now wearing a black wife beater and pants. Stands 190 cm and got blue eyes his not too bad for my liking but can't be compared to Cedrik or the Elder. Great! Now I am comparing those guys with this no good of a man.

"I'm still here aren't I unless you already changed your mind." I reached for my purse after tapping my bill.

"I'm good and ready when you are any idea where you want us to go?" He linked his arms to my waist.

"No idea all I want is get out of here right now. Take me anywhere I don't mind." I whispered in his ear seductively.

Soon enough we reached his car good thing I didn't bring my car. He started the engine and told me we will just go in his place of course I agreed and went to his plan impulsively.

"Here we are. Come in." He let me through.

I didn't waste any more time I pulled him close instantly and smashed my lips to his as we stumbled on the floor. I found the Vervain is located on his belt buckle and remove it successfully.

"You will not remember anything about this night especially about me." I immediately compelled him.

He stays frozen as I plunged my fangs on his neck drinking his blood. After satisfying myself I flared my hands ready to kill him but I sensed two heartbeats coming so I left hurriedly leaving his lifeless body. Damn! I was so close in killing him.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter ;)

Thank you so much!

••••• MJ Cristine