Genesis - Final Fantasy Crisis Core

Start from the beginning

"Oh, so you worried about me, huh?" he smirked. "Relax, (Y/N), it takes more than a simple mission to bring down a hero."

"You may be incredible, Genesis, but you are human. And I'm allowed to worry about you."

He just chuckled. "Very well. Let's talk about something else then, shall we? I mean, you have finally decided to read Loveless."

"You never change," you whispered, causing him to laugh again.

The afternoon quickly dissolved into evening with the two of you talking endlessly. After you managed to finally drag the redhead's attention away from his beloved book you managed to talk for a while on how things at Shinra were with Angeal, and he began to take a lot of interest in the novel you were writing.

But it didn't take long after that for the two of you to find a peaceful silence, in which you looked around at the countless couples at other tables. You couldn't help but feel slightly jealous of that; you hadn't been in a relationship for a while, and nor had anyone taken any interest in you.

"Am I dateable?"

Genesis, who had just taken a sip of tea, promptly spit it out. "Excuse me?"

"I mean, do you see me as dateable? A woman my age with no solid job, stuck in Banora, with mediocre looks and shitty people skills?"

"I really don't understand where this is coming from, not to mention I don't understand why you have that image of yourself in your head," he disagreed with you.

"Just...(E/N) would say things like-"

"No."

You were confused. "What?"

"No."

"Um-"

"No, to all of the things you said," he said simply. "You are completely dateable."

"But I-"

"(Y/N), I've known you longer than anyone else, I know what I'm talking about. Are you really going to argue with me?" he took the familiar cocky tone of his, and surprisingly it began to reassure you.

"Ugh...fine."

He stared at you for a moment. "You don't seem convinced."

"Because I'm not, Gen. It's a woman's job to be insecure, I thought you knew that."

He chuckled. "You have a solid job, you're an author and a damned good one. You can leave Banora whenever you wish, so I don't see why that's an issue. You're a beautiful woman, and...well, while your people skills are rusty at best-"

"Oh fuck you," you laughed.

"-you're still an excellent person to talk too."

"Alright, alright," you held up your hands in mock surrender. "You win."

"I always win," he said childishly.

"That's a lie. That's straight up a lie."

He just laughed. "Alright, maybe not always."

You shook your head. "So how's the ever so popular Genesis' love life going? Surely with the amount of female attention you get there's someone who holds your heart."