“Melissa you know I don’t like that kid! If it was anyone else I would be over there right now helping you get ready!” I yelled back. She’s never going to get it. Ethan came back from the kitchen once he heard me yell and gave me a sad look, knowing how much it hurt me to not be happy for her.

“Why don’t you like him? What has he done that is so bad?”

And here comes the part where I have to lie to my best friend. “He tried to make out with me while you two were together!” I yelled.

She was quiet for a couple seconds, “How can you lie to me like this? You already have a boyfriend so why do you always insist on stealing all of mine!?”

I was taken aback from how stupid that sounded. “Are you saying you think I stole Brandon from you? And now I’m trying to steal Logan?” I asked, hoping all of this was a joke.

“Brandon broke up with me for you, and now that I’m with the hottest guy in our grade, you want him. You never ever want me to be the happy one. It’s always you who gets to be happy!”

“I’m happy with Ethan, Melissa. You know that I would never leave him for Logan. I rejected Brandon because I didn’t like him and you still loved him! I want you to be happy, just not with him.” I said almost on the verge of tears.

“You know what Miley? Maybe we shouldn’t be friends anymore. You obviously only think of yourself.” She said and hung up. I felt a few tears fall over my eyelids, but had no energy to wipe them away. I just lost my best friend.

*************************************************************************************

Logan’s POV

“Logan, Brandon, would you come here a minute?” Dad asked over the intercom wired throughout the house.

We looked at each other but went to his room anyway. No need to make him mad, or get on his bad side.

“What do you to know about this man?” he asked, holding up a picture.

“Is that…?” Brandon trailed off.

“Mr. Konrad?” I finished.

“Mr. Konrad?” Dad asked.

“He teaches history at school.” I said.

“No, he’s a CIA agent,” Dad said.

“What?”Brandon asked.

“Ethan Konrad is a CIA agent, not a teacher. Clearly he’s doing some spying… but on whom?”Dad asked.

“He sends hate glares towards Logan! He must know about you and your Dad’s stealing of the government official weapons,” Brandon said.

“What? We’ve been on the down low. Who could’ve possibly told?” I questioned.

“Who could’ve possibly been a traitor? We haven’t hired anyone new, that I know of. Logan, did you hire anyone?” Dad asked.

“No…but-“

“Who did you tell?” Brandon asked.

“It might’ve accidentally slipped when I was with Melissa. She could’ve let it slip when she was talking to her friend Miley,” I said.

“And Miley is close with Mr. K, so that could be how he knows.” Brandon said.

“No, because Mr. K has been here longer than he and Miley have been close.” I said.

“So that means someone acted like they really cared about this secret agency, but were really CIA agents. This just couldn’t get any better.” Dad said.

“We’ll have to do something about Melissa.” Brandon said.

“Like what?” I asked.

“Well, we can’t have her telling Miley stuff, and Ethan clearly has told Miley something because she hates us both, so…” Brandon trailed off.

“We kidnap her,” Dad commented and Brandon nodded in agreement.

“I can’t kidnap my own girlfriend!” I exclaimed. Of course Brandon would agree. He’s never liked Melissa, he just went out with her because Danny needed a wingman with Miley. It’s kind of awkward hearing my girlfriend’s ex boyfriend talk about her like that, but there’s no room for me to fight with him while Dad’s around.

“You’re going to have to, Son. I need the money from doing this,” Dad said.

“Is money all you think about?” I asked.

“Yes, and how and what weapon we are going to steal next,” he said. I rolled my eyes and sighed. No point in arguing. His mind was already made up. He’s a greedy, greedy man.