"You know it's always my pleasure, Charlotte. I'll see you around the corridors." He spoke, packing again the informations he had on a previous, but not so distant, Harry Styles. Professor Donovan handed me the small file and spared me another sympathetic look.

"Thank you. Bye." I mumbled, fighting against the heaviness of my eyelids. He gave me a one sided hug and watched as I got out of his office, trying to seem as confident as possible. On the inside, I felt like the world was collapsing, at least the world as I knew it. Harry haunted my dreams, unknown people kept sending me explicit threats and yet all I could think about was him.

His naked torso sweating as he threw precise punches against his opponent. His half smile, showing a nice dimple, every time he caught me cheering. The way he would spin me around and laugh like crazy once the match was over and he won. I hated myself for picturing such ridiculous things, and yet I couldn't stop.

Harry was constantly creeping his way back inside my thoughts, despite the impossibility of any relationship between us. No white gowns, no honeymoon, no kids, no grandkids, no arguing over who got to watch what they want on our shared TV; simple actions I would never accomplish. They were oddly mundane, but also daydreams, considering my situation.

The small file on my hands felt heavy, and once again I thought about the dreadful year when I almost died.

+

"You're going out? All by yourself?" Sienna asked in disbelief, as if she couldn't fathom the idea of Charlotte and night out existing in the same sentence, which was quite accurate, but I was not ready to admit it.

"Yeah, I have things to do." I answered vaguely, picking up my red ballerina flats and looking anywhere, everywhere if it meant ignoring Sienna's piercing stare. Too damn nosy, I thought to myself.

"You're going out with a boy, aren't you?" She pointed out, making my cheeks heat up. Thankfully she couldn't see my face.

"No, I am not. Goodbye Sienna." I spoke with absolute confidence, picking up my black leather jacket and handbag. I had a date with a man who kept coming back for an unknown reason, and the butterflies in my stomach only grew every time I thought about him.

"Whatever. I will find out. Eventually." I blew her a kiss and closed the door to my room, wondering why Sienna loved being inside my bedroom all the time. She really had a thing for snooping around others' business, since childhood.

As soon as I reached the front door, I felt giddy and secretive, sneaking out of my own house to meet up with a boy. Harry was inside his car, across my street like he promised he would be. I scolded myself for being so exultant at the sight of him, especially considering what I should do. Each moment we spent together meant another second of worry. I could not endanger his life.

"Hey you. I have to admit I was slightly scared you would bail." He spoke, opening the passenger door for me and jogging towards his side. I smiled briefly, feeling a heavy weight settling on my chest. He was not the same Harry I had loved centuries ago, but he was as loveable as the first Harry Styles, and I, Charlotte Stuart, would never have him. An accurate description of what reality reserved would be me, attending his funeral without looking a day older.

"I considered it, but Sienna would notice if a creep stood all night inside a black car across from our house." Unexpectedly, Harry leaned closer and pressed a tender kiss against my cheek. I blushed furiously, thankful for the darkness inside his car.

"It's gonna be a good night, Charlotte." He pointed out, while I just kept fiddling with my fingers, nervousness filling my body. Harry clearly was making a huge effort, wanting it to be memorable, but I needed to shield myself from his sweet words and behaviour if I wanted to preserve any self control and do the right thing.