One

Stuart

"Charlie, come on. It's like the first party of the semester. We need to celebrate." I shook my head at Sienna, wondering if her incessant need for alcohol ever subsided.

"It's just, these parties are tiring. Alcohol, weed, sex, repeat. I am not very fond of them." I explained, earning a horrified look from her, as if I had grown two heads during my small speech.

"Come on, Charlotte. You have to live a little. From all those things you've done in your life, I feel like your literature student version is the epitome of boredom." I shook my head at her, wondering if she truly realised what 400 years meant. Boredom took a whole other dimension during that period of time.

"You have known me for exactly twenty years. The other three hundred and eight years were spent without your presence. So I'm pretty sure you can't tell when I was boring or not." She rolled her eyes at me, clearly annoyed with my smart mouth.

"I'm just saying, Charlie. Maybe you should embrace your life, have a relationship, get to know other people. Don't you ever get tired of only having me and Arthur?" I felt annoyance towards her, but I knew Sienna was right.

Her family and Arthur's family had been supporting me over the generations, and I owed my entire life to them. The only people who knew about my condition were those two, and I couldn't quite fathom how I would explain it to someone else without scaring them off or becoming a lab rat.

"Okay then. I'm going to this stupid party." I told her, receiving a victorious grin in return. She kept staring at me with a small smile, and I just rose a skeptical brow at her, wondering if something was wrong with my face.

"Sorry." She mumbled, cheeks heating up. "It's just, sometimes I look at you and I can't quite believe you were queen of England once." I looked down at the floor, remembering briefly how it felt to wear a crown and respond when someone called your highness.

"I don't visit those memories very often. It's been incredibly long and God knows that part of my life didn't end well." For the first time in a very long time I remembered Harry and the way his lifeless body laid on the floor. I had lived for far too long and many things slipped my mind, but Harry was definitely an exception to that rule.

"Come on, queen Charlotte." She mocked me. "Just put some decent clothes on and we shall leave." She bowed down in mockery, making me roll my eyes.

"I prefer your highness, your grace, my queen. You can't address me by the name unless we have an intimate relationship or when I'm not present." I spoke, looking down at her like I did multiple times in court. Sienna seemed surprised with my authority, and I laughed loudly.

"You asked for the queen, I brought the queen." I spoke, adjusting my tone back to normal. Sienna still looked baffled with my change of demeanour but I just shrugged her off, looking around my closet for a dark attire.

"I wasn't expecting such a powerful demonstration. You really looked like a queen." I shrugged and removed my sweatpants, slipping on a new pair of black skinny jeans. For a moment I smiled at the feeling of pants, remembering the days I only wore dresses.

"You literally have the best body ever." She mumbled, looking at my partially naked upper body.

"Well, maybe those tight corsets did me some good after all." I spoke, remembering the feeling of someone pulling until I couldn't breathe properly. Getting dressed back then was a daily event, one I actually despised.

"Either way, you look good. Let's go, maybe you'll get laid tonight." I rolled my eyes at her and smirked a little, wondering when Sienna moved from barbies to condoms. I still remembered the disgust on her face whenever she saw people kissing in movies.