Chapter 18: Made From The Sharpest Things

Frank's POV

~~~

For the first time in the fourteen months I've been a vampire I happily slept when I wasn't tired.
I'd gotten into the far side of the bed in case she woke up and freaked out by finding me next to her.

I had hardly been in the bed for longer than five minutes before her sleeping frame moved next to me and I was back to being used as a human pillow, not that I minded.

The last thing I remembered before going to sleep was her warm body pressed against mine.
I'm not usually one for inappropriate thoughts but if Gerard was in the room right now he'd probably strangle me to death.

Someone was shaking me, my mind instantly flashed to Fallyn who's heart was beating loudly while my throat burned slightly.

"Frank." She sounded like she was wide awake and I opened my eyes to see her looking at me with her perfectly shaped sea green eyes.

"Fallyn? What's the matter?" Something brushed my lip and it took a second for me to realise during my sleep the fangs had came out. I immediately retraced them and prayed she didn't notice. The strange look on her face said my beliefs were useless.

"Uh, it doesn't matter, never mind. I had a nightmare and it screwed with my head. I'm sorry for waking you up."

She moved her head off my chest and placed it on the pillow, she had to have noticed. The main thing that registered with me was her saying she had a nightmare, that she didn't need.

"It's okay, I don't mind. I'm here if you ever need me."

I was telling the truth, it didn't matter if she hated me, liked me or knew whether or not I was a vampire, I'd still be there for her.
Her cheeks went a pretty shade of red and her embarrassed face looked adorable.
I tightened my arm which layed across her waist slightly and she moved her head back to my chest while letting out a small sigh.

I'm thinking about telling Gerard to screw his opinions on how I should behave around her.
Katelyn could go to hell too, I'm gonna behave like me without allowing others to influence what I think about her and how I act.
My teeth ached and my throat burned but I wouldn't let her go for the world, my body would have to deal with it.

Her breathing deepened and her head moved to the crook of my neck and my still heart throbbed slightly. She's like a kitten, cute, innocent, slightly clueless and has claws that she doesn't know how to use.
A small blonde and black haired kitten, even though I was a dog person she didn't remind me of a dog in any way.

How can she have such an affect on me?

I haven't even known her for a full week yet and I was more than willing to make the whole band hate me. I was considering telling her about us before Saturday, she deserved to know even if it would freak her out.

On the night we found her I screwed up, I healed her using my blood, she saw and she panicked like I'd never seen anyone panic before.
She called us demons, hyperventilated then passed out from lack of air.

We'd talked over how we were going to tell her about us being vampires, the plan was sitting her down and calmly explaining things. If she got scared or ran away there would be nothing we could do.
We'd caught a break when she forgot what happened on the bus, the chances of things turning out like that again were unlikely.

So yeah, if she spazzed the only thing we'd be able to would would be restraining her until she calmed down, which would not work out well.
Or we could try turning her, which wouldn't work out well either and we'd end up with a pissed off girl with super strength and speed and it doesn't take a genius to know not to do that.