Chapter 16: Could I Lie Next To You?

Frank's POV

~~~

After I walked Fallyn to her door and said a goodnight 'til Gee got back I went to my bedroom and tried to calm down the burning feeling in my throat.

Tomorrow would make it three weeks since I last ate.

The guys did not help me by going out and leaving me here.

We'd talked it over earlier while Fallyn had been asleep.

They were gonna go out and feed while I stayed here and kept on eye on her, while keeping my hands to myself (in Gee's words).

When they got back I was supposed to go out and get something as well, but so far it looked like it would be a while till they finished. The conversation between Fallyn and I before about people's flaws made me rethink what Gerard had been saying to me.

He'd been telling me to stay away from her and not do anything but that's not what I really wanted to do.

She'd said that I needed to do what my gut told me, not what others told me and I did need to do that.

Although I was still doubtful in general, after all my head loves to fuck with me and say what I'm doing at the time is a great idea even if it isn't.

Right now my gut is telling me saying anything to her would be a bad idea, she was a bit freaked out after what Gerard did at the concert.

My mind flashed back to what I'd said. I'd told her that I hoped she found a guy who she'd choose over a party. I'd also said I'd hoped she'd find a guy who would value what she said whether it was too much or too little.

It almost slipped out of my mouth that I would listen to anything she'd say.

After ages of waiting for the guys to get back I gave up and decided to take a shower, yeah I'd taken one earlier but you can never be too clean.

Plus I was really sweaty after the concert which is typical, it's fun but it's also a workout the way I do it.

Gee and the rest of the group needed to make good use of showers more often.

How hard is it to jump in a shower at a truck stop?

By the time I got out of the shower and was bothered enough to look at the clock it was quarter past one.

They better get back soon, they've been gone for nearly two hours.

It's not like its brain surgery or anything, I do the exact same thing and it only takes me thirty minutes.

If they're gonna take this long to get back I might as well have a nap, it's either that or watching crappy tv shows.

I wonder what Fallyn's doing right now, she's probably sleeping.

I should have insisted that we swap rooms, for a brief moment I got to see into her head while we were taking earlier and I know she hates that room.

Maybe I should go and check on her?

The only problem is that Gerard told me to get her back to the hotel then leave her alone.

This was another case of me listening to the words of others over myself.

I lay down on the bed and tried to think of something other than Fallyn. Sleep would be a good place to start. I let out a sigh and put a pillow over my face, it's not like oxygen mattered much to me, neither did normal food.

The burning in my throat increased and I gave up on sleep and went to the mini fridge which was filled with a variety of alcohol.

I'd reached the furthest known stage of hunger and it was not good.