Dan made sure he had checked his reflection multiple times, continuously fixing his fringe and adjusting his shirt.

This was it. He was about to see Phil. This felt weird. His heart was pounding at that noise that always gave him forms of anxiety rang loudly. He accepted the video call, adjusting his laptop which was sat on his table, taking a deep breath.

At last something popped up on the screen, someone quickly trying to look for something. Dan laughed, biting his lip. The view was the back of Phil who had a similar haircut to his own but black hair and was currently looking for what he assumed was a hairbrush.

"Shit shit shit." He heard Phil swear under his breath looking around his messy room.

Dan suppressed a giggle and watched as he scavenged for it.

"Hi Phil." He said loudly making Phil visibly jump and peak behind him like a deer caught in headlights.

"Shit." He said under his breath, quickly sitting down and trying to fix his messy hair with his hands. "I mean hi. H-Hi Dan. Um , how much did you see?"

Dan grinned widely gazing at Phil. Phil seemed oddly familiar, pale skin and dark hair contrasting. "Doesn't matter. Nice to actually see you, didn't you say you were ugly? You liar."

Phil rolled his eyes, hiding his face in his hands. "I am right now."

"Did you take a nap?" Dan laughed. "You look cute."

"I dozed off, sorry. I was watching Buffy and I left an alarm for it to automatically call you in case I forgot. So i woke up a few minutes before and...yeah sorry." Phil mumbled, peaking up from his hands to stare at Dan more.

Dan just laughed, continuing to stare at the other boy mindlessly.

"You know Dan." Phil started. "I expected creepy old perverts to ask me to be their fake boyfriend not someone as cute as you. Do you have trouble finding guys?"

"My relationships never last." Dan shrugged. "And I thought you were going to be completely different, but I'm glad you're really good looking." He laughed shyly.

Phil shook his head, hiding his face in his hands. "My eyes are red and puffy. I forgot to take my contacts out and fell asleep."

"Take them out quickly!" Dan exclaimed. "That's really bad."

Phil nodded, going out of view for a minute as he removed the small lenses that stopped him from mistaking a tree for a child. He returned with big frames around his eyes sliding down the bridge of his nose. He pushed them back up, smiling at his laptop. "So." He smiled. "Hi Dan."

Dan's mouth was left open slightly in awe. "So." He grinned, biting his lip to stop the smile. "Hi Phil."

"So." Phil said again as they both burst into laughter like little boys.

Soon after, they gradually got into a normal conversation about cats. The conversation continued into the night before they realised, it was almost midnight.

"It's so late!" Phil grinned.

Dan smiled back, mind in a daze and body in a coma. "I can't wait to meet you in person. It's gonna be magical." He said dreamily before dozing off like that.

*

When the two actually met, they were exactly how one another expected to be.

Tall awkward dorks who had way too much in common. They started off by going to Dan's house as Phil would practically move in for a small while temporarily.

Phil tried to keep out of Dan's way but at the same time couldn't help stopping the jittery butterflies whenever he would accidentally see Dan with his curly wet hair exiting the shower.

Maybe he was playing this boyfriend role well  that he was actually falling into it?

Phil was heating up something in the microwave to eat almost a week after moving in. He was humming softly to himself when he felt a presence by his side causing him to jump.

"Shit!" He swore causing Dan behind him to snicker quietly.

"Didn't know you got scared that easily. Future reference added. Achievement unlocked." He said in a robotic voice with a smirk.

"You idiot." Phil rolled his eyes, hand on his chest.

"I'm cute though so it's fine." Dan responded, hand on his cheeks posing with a peace sign.

"You really are you shit." Phil responded, confidently leaning forward to press a soft kiss upon the idiot's cheek. "I hate you."

Dan raised an eyebrow. "I'd love to see what you would do to show you despise me." He said suggestively causing him to get smacked lightly on his arm as Phil pretended to be angry and stormed off.

"Our first domestic argument!" Dan said dreamily chasing after Phil, now sure that this-whatever this was becoming- would last.

xx