Prologue

Copyright © Emily1147

All rights reserved.

I am going to try doing a warewolf story.

Tell me what you think....

************

I snuggle closer to my boyfriend that might disappear tomorrow. I am turning sixteen and I might find who my mate is. Only I don't want another mate. I want Mike, but we both know he isn't my mate. A tear rolls down my face.

" Don't worry Sammy. We will be together and it doesn't mater that we aren't mates." Mike says full of hope.

" Yes, it does. You know it does." I reply getting a little angry and sitting up. I don't want him to put my hopes up when they will surely crash down.

" Well I'm gonna miss you, but who knows maybe you won't find a mate tomorrow." he hugs me hard. I might not, but it still feels like a goodbye. Breakups and goodbyes are always hard and this is both.

Mike leaves soon after that because it's late and we both have to get some rest. My alpha is holding a huge party tomorrow(right on my birthday! Way to ruin a sweet sixteen!) and many werewolf packs are invited. Most of the wolves that come are without a mate. So this is a huge chance to find someone, and many do. Mike and I have been in a relationship for long time and it had to change just because of this mate thing. Everyone said that having a mate is so great and everything,but I like what I have with Mike. I don't want that to change. This is the only reason I sometimes wish we weren't werewolves. I get up from the couch, we were on and head up to my room for the sleepless night.

~~~

" Happy birthday Sam." mom wakes me up, standing by my bed with a cake in her hand. Some how I have fallen asleep, with Mike on my mind, but I am still tired. I open my eyes and look at the beautiful cake my mom baked.

" That looks beautiful mom. Thanks" I say looking at the chocolate cake with white frosting and lit candles on top. I might have been sad, but I can't let my mom see that. Especially how happy she is with finding out who my mate might be soon. My whole family is excited, but they all left besides mom, because they can't see me until the party at the end of the day. It's a tradition for our family and  we usually throw a pretty sweet party,but this year the Alpha decided on this day. 

" You're welcome, honey," she replies giving me a smile. " Now up. We have a long list of what we need to do." I groan, but get up anyway and go to the bathroom.

"Let the games begin." I mimic the guy in the Hunger Games. I love that movie and all the books. This day might as well be " the games", because knowing my mom this list isn't going to a piece cake. 

After breakfast, my mom does my make up and hair and again this reminded me of the Hunger Games. I seriously need to get that book of my mind. We next had  a quick lunch. Only to start looking for the prefect outfit in my closet right after, but we gave up soon and go to my mom's closet. We would have picked the dress yesterday and I would have done this with my friends, but it's a tradition to do everything on the day of the birthday with your mom. Lots of traditions I know,but I like the tradition. This is a bit unusual through. Usually before parties my friends do each others makeup and then pick dresses. This is my first party without them,but it's not that I went to many anyways.

" This is prefect!!!" my mom holds a pink dress up. " I wore this when I went to my sixteenth party."

" Wow, I love it." I say.

" Now go put it on. We only have about ten munites before we have to go" she pushes me to the bathroom. Ten minutes? Time went so fast that I didn't realise it. I put the dress on quickly with the shoes my mom found with the dress. We then rush out to the car after she looks me over. Everyone in our pack lives in  different houses, but in the same general area. So this party might be a reunion for the parents and everyone in my pack. Mike is going to be there, along with the alphas son who I don't really know that much about. Besides a few rumors and a little at school.

  I get out of the car and go to the mansion, like house. My mom and I walk in the crowded party. People greet us and say happy birthday to me. I go to hang out with my friends and try to avoid Mike. If we avoid eachother it might make it easier on us. Falling in love with some one who isn't your mate is rare for a warewolf and the only person that knows that I have is my friend Kara. She wouldn't have known, but she happened to walk in on me and Mike saying to each other.

The party was going good, until something caught my eye. Or should I say someone.

"Mate" screamed my wolf while we were caught in eachothers eyes.

***************

Hope you like it.

Vote.

Comment.

-Em