Night #11 - Extra #2

Night Rain

Night #11 [Extra #2]

A ball of water surrounded Kisame. His hands were slapped together and his sharp teeth were clenched. He saw the bubbles come from his mouth as he summoned large sharks that swam around the large water prison.

The blue Akatsuki member's head turned and he remembered the moment he first met Itachi. The hostility they showed each other on their first meeting, and the companionship and friendship that formed as they travelled together.

Itachi, it seems this is the end...I'm not so terrible after all.

"Kisame! Make sure you come back soon, okay? Stay safe! I'll be waiting!"

Kisame closed his eyes and imagined the face of his good friend – someone that he had pushed away on purpose. But she had persisted, and even though he didn't want to admit it, he was quite fond of her. He didn't tell her much about what he was doing because he didn't want to worry her – she needlessly fussed about him and his health.

He was glad that he had let her into his life – he was glad he had met her.

Sorry, Amaya...I won't be coming back. I'll be the one waiting for you.

The sharks surrounding the blue man made their move, staining the water prison red.

I'm glad we were friends.

Amaya.

Amaya's night coloured eyes widened as she felt a sudden painful throb in her chest. She hunched over and pressed her hand above her heart. The pain was numbing. She furrowed her brows and barely dodged an attack by the enemy. It nicked her shoulder and she narrowed her eyes at them. Fighting the ninja and successfully incapacitating them, she controlled her breathing evenly.

She was confused at what that painful throb meant. Something had shattered inside of her, but she didn't know what. She had heard her name. The voice was so familiar – but she didn't know who it was.

What is this?

She stared at the distance, her mind wandering to Kisame. He was involved in the war as well, but he never told her his part in it. What exactly was he doing? Was he still in the Akatsuki? Who was he fighting for this time around?

How was he doing? Was he alright? Hopefully he was well.

After this war ends, we can hang out again.

Just you and me, Kisame.