Night #7

Night Rain

Night #7

"What did your father mean when he said he used to be a shinobi?" Kisame asked Amaya absentmindedly. His thoughts had drifted to what had happened a while ago. Time had passed and they were about to graduate the academy.

"Daddy used to be a ninja. He said he quit because he had to take care of me. So...basically, I'm the root of all his non-ninja stuff?" Amaya cocked her head to the side with a weird expression. "Yeah, I guess I am." She nodded to herself.

The shark boy nodded his head slowly. He stood up and started making his way towards the classroom, leaving Amaya behind.

"Kisame!" The female shouted, running after him. "Wait for me! Friends are supposed to wait for each other!"

Kisame held in a chuckle and continued walking. "Not my fault you're slow..." He smirked.

A friend, hm...?

Years passed. Kisame and Amaya had graduated from the academy and had become rookie ninja. The time they spent together was less, but it didn't stop Amaya from constantly bugging Kisame whenever she was free (and him, too, for that matter).

Kisame had risen above the ranks quite quickly and had become very strong. Amaya was slower but she never gave up. She wanted to get to the top and be there to support Kisame. That was one of her reasons.

Kisame had gotten used to her presence. He still saw her as an annoyance and wanted to swat her like the annoying little fly she was, but he didn't.

Eventually, Kisame was let into the Cypher Division, which was the secret intelligence squad of Kirigakure. At that time, Amaya had become a Jonin. Kisame had told her that he was the squad's bodyguard and that he'll be gone for a few days, maybe weeks, for the mission.

"Stay safe, you hear me?!" Amaya poked Kisame's shoulder. She had forgotten how tall he was compared to everyone else. He was at least a good head taller than her.

"Yeah." The blue man nodded curtly.

Amaya sighed and placed her hands onto her hips. "Remember to look out for the people in the division, okay? That's your job now. Also, remember to eat well and be careful of getting hurt, and if you do, make sure to bandage and clean your wound properly, and also make sure that you don't get caught in any traps or those explosive bomb tags that are always set up at random spots, oh! And remember to clean your swords and weapons so that the enemy doesn't know where you guys are, especially if they have someone with a good nose of their squad, and remember to keep the information safe!"

Kisame had risen an eyebrow at her long lecture, before a smirk made its way onto his face and he chuckled lightly. He nodded. "You talk too much."

He saw her dark blue eyes widen. Her mouth her opened in surprise before she pouted, running her hand through her shoulder length purple hair.

"Yeah, yeah, and you talk too little! So you got it, yeah?" Amaya craned her neck to stare straight into his dark eyes.

Kisame nodded. "Yeah. Got it."

Amaya grinned and patted his shoulder. "Alright, good luck on your mission then! I'll see you when you get back!" She waved at him before jumping off.

That mission was the beginning of Kisame Hoshigaki's downfall.

"Wait...WHAT?!" Amaya exclaimed, slamming her hands down onto the table.

Sho sighed deeply and beckoned her to sit down and not make a ruckus.

The retired shinobi stared at his daughter, who had become more feminine as the years had gone by. Not as feminine as other girls, but a little less tomboyish than when she was a kid. Even though she had matured greatly over the years, her positivity and spontaneousness and loudness did not.