Sleeping Drug ~ Ereri

Eren's P.O.V.

I laid in my bunk and forced my eyes closed. Everyone was already asleep, but here I lay, awake but tired. I was exhausted if I was honest with myself. I decided that if I walked around my body I might tire my body as much as my mind was. As I went through the halls I reached the elder's hall where all of the older members sleep. The wood floors creaked underneath of my feet as I passed the doors. I heard a muffled sound from Corporal Levi's room. I scrunched my eyebrows and saw the door was slightly cracked open. I peaked inside and was shocked.

Levi's P.O.V.

I sighed as I laid down for bed. I didn't even know why I bothered trying to sleep, I never got to sleep anyways. I pulled the covers up and covered myself with the heavy comforter. I laid for a while, squeezing my eyes closed. I felt the release of sleep finally take me for once as I slipped into somewhere worse than being awake.

I saw them all, my deceased squad members. They all greeted me with pride and happiness and talked to me respectfully. Isabelle smiled at me and hugged me, along with Petra. Gunther and Farlan smiled at me and waved. I felt so content, but I knew it was fake, I knew what was coming. The scene suddenly shifted and we were in the middle of an invasion. We were surrounded by Titans, there was no escape. The soldiers I commanded were killed all over again. I saw Isabelle's head lay by my feet, Farlan's torso sprawled across the ground.

"Levi!" I heard Petra's scream as she reached for me. Our fingers brushed and she was smashed by that damned female Titan.

"Petra!" I screamed, making my throat painfully raw. Her blood sprayed my face and I dropped to my knees, watching all of my fellow soldiers be devoured. My agony filled screeches filled the skies and I felt drained.

Eren's P.O.V.

I looked inside of Levi's room to find him screaming and crying and Hanji watching with a childlike curiosity as she sat in the edge of his bed. The floor creaked as I stepped inside and she miraculously heard me over Levi's desperate shrieks.

"Oh, hello Eren, did Levi wake you?" Hanji asked, cocking her head to the side.

"N-no, why is he screaming?" I asked, wondering why she was so calm about it.

"He does this whenever he actually gets to sleep. He has night terrors, I've never been able to get him to stop, and they've only gotten worse since his newest squad died." she explained.

"Have you tried waking him up?" I asked.

"Yes, I've tried hugging him, shaking him, just about any soothing tactic I could think of," she informed me.

"Oh, I feel bad for him," I say, surprising myself.

"Me too, hey, come here," she said, gesturing for me to come beside of her.

"Why?"

"Go lay beside of him," she instructed.

"Okay..." I trailed off, sliding beside of him under the covers, seeing his tear-stained face up close. His shrieks filled my ears and I winced.

"Try pulling him in, talk soothingly to him. Pet his hair. I'm going to grab something, so come to my room if you need me or he doesn't calm down." Hanji explained.

"Alright," I agree and she strides out of the room into the dark hallway. I turn to Levi, realizing Hanji pushed him off onto me because she was probably tired of listening to him. I shakily pulled him into an embrace, his writhing form protesting being calmed.

"Levi, shh, it's okay," I cooed in a calming tone, shocking myself at how well it was working.

"Pe-Petra," his voice cracked with emotion as his body stilled slightly. I smoothed his hair and pulled his body closer, easily tucking him into me because he was smaller than I was.

"Corporal, it's okay, I'm here, and I'm alive. So are you." I soothed.

"N-no, they're dead," he breathed.

"Sh, Levi you'll be okay."

"Gunther!" a sob ripped through Levi violently as his body spasmed at the sudden emotion.

"Wake up Levi, come back."

Levi's P.O.V.

I stared in horror at Gunther's corpse, neck hanging at a tantalizing awkward angle.

"Levi," I heard the calming voice through my sorrow.

Oluo yelled as he was snatched up and smashed.

I was thrust into consciousness, breathing heavily and grasping onto someone. I couldn't tell who, but I was tucked into them and they rocked me back in forth. I pulled at the soft fabric of their shirt and looked up. A pair of bright teal eyes met mine and I realized Eren was the one who saved me from my nightmare.

"Oh my god," I said and felt his shirt, not caring about my image for a split second. 

"Um C-Corporal, are you okay?" Eren asked, his voice shaky.

"Yeah, how did you do that?" I asked, swiping my hand across my face to get the tears off.

"Do what?"

"Wake me up? Hanji said she's tried so many things and nothing's worked." I told him.

"I was just, uh, rocking you and telling you it would be okay, what were you dreaming about?" he asked, curiosity filling his tone.

"N-nothing, where's Hanji?" I asked, avoiding his question.

"In her room," he answered, not pressing the issue. I yawn and see Eren's face redden a little as he looks away.

"Do you wanna go back to sleep?" he asked.

"No," I answered quickly, fear gripping me and making my heart race. He felt my pulse quicken and instinctively pulls me into another embrace. I let myself be held by the younger boy and relaxed, not having felt this calm since I could remember.

"I didn't know you could be this gentle brat," I murmured with a small smile. He rubbed my back reassuringly and I put my head in the crook of his neck.

"Heyo! What happened to all the screaming?" Hanji bursts into the room, making Eren detach himself quickly from me, red finding its way to both of our faces. I felt stupid for blushing, Hanji knew about my pedophile-like crush on the little Titan-shifter.

"Well, he woke up," Eren explained.

"Gee, I hadn't noticed, how'd ya do it?" she asked, coming over to me and poking my arm. I grimaced and rubbed my arm.

"I don't actually know, he just kinda calmed down when I touched him," Eren said, completely oblivious to how adorable he looked with his slight bed-head.

"Hm, I'll have to run some more tests later, both of you see me in the morning," she demanded and went back to her room.

"So I guess I should be headed back to my bunk then," Eren said, shifting to stand up. The terror of not falling asleep, or worse, actually getting to sleep and live through the nightmares again, inspired me to grab his wrist. His head whipped back, his sparkling eyes meeting mine.

"U-uh," I cleared my throat quickly so that I would quit stuttering and sounding weak, "would you be willing to sleep in here with me?"

"Are you sure Corporal?" he asked.

"Don't sound so flattered, I just don't want to have anymore nightmares and you seem to keep them away," I explained sternly, crossing my arms.

"You know you don't look threatening, right?" Eren asked, pulling my arm. I rolled my eyes at him in the dark and flopped down onto the bed, dragging him down with me. He let out a small peep, but laid there beside of me. I pulled the covers up and turned to face him. He looked down at me and cautiously wrapped his slender arms around me. I leaned into him and I let myself relax. His smell was intoxicating and everywhere.

"Goodnight," he whispered.

"Goodnight brat," I whispered and quickly pressed a kiss to his cheek. I looked at his shocked expression and continued, "that's for earlier for saving me. If you ever need to know you helped someone, you helped me, alright hero?"

"Alright," I heard through the dark. His voice sounded strangled, like he was about to cry. I fell asleep faster than I ever have, surrounded by Eren, his scent, and his soft snores that lulled me to sleep.