FALLING INTO THE PIT

One thing I truly knew,
knew it in the pit of my stomach,
in the centre of my bones,
knew it from the crown of my head   to the soles of my feet,
knew it it deep in my empty chest,   was how love gave someone power to break you... beyond repair.

Chapter 39
Daniel's POV(SURPRISE!!!!)

My heart was still tingling when she left.

Why? why does she still affect me? I should hate her!

I still couldn’t take out Rachael from within me. Sheridan was a lot of help but nothing compared to Rachael. What I felt with her was absolute bliss. Any other woman couldn’t complete me as she did. Yet she left me.

I couldn’t be what she wanted. I felt betrayed that I wasn’t enough.

She was my world. But when I saw her with that guy that night. I felt my inside coil with disgust and anger. My works falling apart in one second when it took years to build up. After a long relationship I thought I understood her well. I knew her inside out. But when I finally saw that a physical realtion was more important to her than the spiritual level we connected I felt myslef shatter and pieces of me fall all around. Everything was going so well. I had spent my entire college years with her. We fought, we argued, we loved and we laughed. We were there for each other.

I know I pushed her sometimes. I was trying at most of the time. I was going through a rough patch in life with my father. And she was always there for me. Even when I said her to get lost. She kept holding my hand. I thought that kind of love didn’t need any physical accomplishment. That every time I pushed her she understood my need to do that . The promise that meant so much to me.

I craved her. I wanted what she wanted, to feel each other but I couldn’t just throw away the last wish of my mother. I would have married her the instant we met, but I was afraid that I might not be right for her and if she was what I needed. I had to give time to us.

And when I was sure that we are what we should be I wanted to propose her in Michael’s party. I even bought a ring. I had it in my pocket the whole evening waiting for the right moment. But the ring never met the skin that was supposed to attach itself forever.

Everything suddenly turned bleak  the moment I saw her in another arms. I had passed out after a few drinks with Rachael.

And when I got up I searched for her. Michael had passed out in his bed with a drinking cup still in his hand. I searched the last room to find her - naked with another man.

My insdies coiled. When he put a hand around her and pulled her closer I saw only red.

She whispered something that I thought she felt only for me.

“I love you.”

Nick Parson the boy she slept with realized me standing there. He came out of the bed, naked and pulled on his pants and shirt.

“Why were you with Rachael?” I snapped at him.

“You can't sleep with her that doesn’t mean I cant.” he said coolly.

“She told you that?” suddenly feeling drained that he would know the relationship between us.

“Man! She was frsutated with that.” he exited the room towards the kitchen.

I couldn't  believe what he was saying. Rachael wasn’t like that. I wouldn't believe him. But I saw it with my own eyes. I heard what he said. No one knew the way things were on between us then how come Nick knew about it?
I followed behind Nick to get answers.

“I must say your girl is super in bed. I never knew such an amazing body existed inside those loose clothes.”

That was the breaking point. I smashed his face with my knuckles. He landed himself on the table that gave away at his weight and the force with which he collided knocked out his breath.

He instantly got up the moment he gained strength and took hold of my collar throwing me against the wall. He picked up a chair and smashed it against me. I heard something snap in my left arm. But I wasn't done, that shattering pain that started throbbing couldn't stop me. I took hold of him and punched him till I saw blood.

“Dan! What are you doing?” Michael had graed me from behind.

“That guy laid his filthy hand on Rachael!” I screamed.

“Whatever man! It was her that came to me begging for some! Its not my fault you can't give her some!”

He slothced himself out of the house

“What the hell happened here?” Michael shouted.

“Nothing.” I left with my thrunderous anger and betrayed heart.

She slept with someone else.

I felt that pain still echo in me. The pain of seeing her in someone elses arms, when she told me she was pregnant. Pregnant with Nick’s child with whom she had slept.

I had started to fall down into the pit I so hardly got out of. Only this time there was no making it up again. Not without serious damage.
***********

OK now tell me you who expected a POV from Daniel? :)
Anyways your thoughts?

Can you point out what else is fishy here except the fact that Rachael believed she was with Daniel but he ended up finding her with someone else?!!!

VOTE &
COMMENT.