A son has his father's traits.

Chapter 15
Rachael's POv

The ride back to our homes was silent. Jason was quiet throughout the way, lost in his own world. And I in mine. Daniel.

I had survived the first time he broke into my life. Why did a second time come? Weren't life and he done with me? Why is he in Mountain Fall, the place I had taken refugee?

My head buzzed with so many questions. Who was the blonde? Daniel's recent play-toy?
Why had she looked at me as if she recognised me? As if she knew me. I had never met her before. But I saw anger in her eyes when I'd looked back at Daniel. Did he tell her about me? That how easy I was to fall into his 'true-love' confessions?

I was getting a very bad headache. I pulled my hair from both the sides with my hands.

"Umm, Rachael, are you really fine?"

I saw Jason looking at me. Concerned. Worried. Did he notice anything?

"Yes, I'm alright. Thanks." I said removing my hands from my hair.

I had asked Jason to drive the car. With my state I knew I would have killed both of us by hitting onto something. Or worse fall of a cliff.

"Thank you for the drive"

"It is your car so I should say that instead. Also you bought me dinner."

I smiled at that.

"See you at work tomorrow. " Jason waved me goodbye, thanking again for the dinner and ride.
He headed towards the shaggy house opposite mine, the tower looming over. As always it made me shudder.

I could see Jason knocking the door with a metal handle on it. Thomas peered out by poking his head out.
It had been ages I had seen him.
As soon as Jason was recognised by him, he let Jason enter and closed the door immediately.
That man was always a mystery to me.

I faced my front door. I could see lights on. Meaning Mary was still up. I was sure she could be peering right now at me through the window corner or the peep hole on the door.
No sooner had I stepped in the porch the door swung open. And Mary as expected let me in.

"So, how was the dinner honey?" Mary asked gleefully, before I could even face her.

"It was alright Nanny." I replied not wanting to break the news yet. But I was doubtful. Mary knew me like an open book.

"Rachael, what's wrong?" Yup she caught me by the voice itself.

"Daniel." That name was enough to explain her everything.

"What! Again?" Nanny exclaimed.

"Mum!" Called Darren.
There was my son, again on the wrong time.
But this time I was really shocked to see him. He was still dressed. Usually he would be changed to his PJs by this time. And the more shocking was the smile that he wore widely on his cute little face.
"Darren, you're still awake?" I asked as I hugged him.

"Darren was today out with his friend. He came just half an hour before." Mary said happily.

A friend! I was truly shocked now. Hardly anyone befriended Darren and him others. But this was news.

"Really? Who is he?" I asked, wanting to know about the person more.

"Actually it's a she!" Mary said grinning.

"Nanny!" Darren said exasperated, as if he had already had this conversation with Mary a thousand times in this half an hour.

"So?" Darren had an exasperated expression on his face.

"Mum! Not you too!" He exclaimed. Sighing he explained himself.

"Her name is Lisa. She is new. She moved in recently. When she came to class she had two unequal ponytails so the whole class laughed at her. I didn't though. She was almost crying so I made them stop." Darren gushed all the sentences together.

But to say I was proud of my little master was an understatement. He stood up for a stanger when he knew people we're wrong. And unexpectedly he again reminded me of Daniel. How he stood up for his friends when in need. Darren didn't skip that trait from his father either.
If Daniel would be the person I thought him to be then he would be with me today. And he would himself be be here to see how our son is growing to be. He would have been proud of Darren. And my son would have the father figure he misses everyday.

Today I could actually feel the empty void in our lives. And Daniel's presence today with another woman made me realize that he can't ever be in our lives. But we were there for each other. And that was all we needed to survive.

"I'm proud of you, Darren." He smiled widely.
I smiled back knowing a compliment from his mother meant the world to him.
****-***-******

Ohk guys how was it?
I had some questions.

Who do u think is the Blondie?
Whats wrong with Thomas?
Do u have any suspicion regarding Jason?
And abt Darren?

Let me know ur views.
Comment
Vote
Plzplzplz.