Chapter 22

In celebration of saving her marriage, Maggie's friends took her out for drinks. But typically they found hot guys and left Maggie to drink on her own.

"Another drink for the lady." A familiar voice spoke next to her. Maggie looked at John who was slipping into the booth next to her.

Maggie was slightly buzzed from the tequila shots her and the girls had done. "What'er you doing ere John?" She blinked.

"For once, I wasn't here cause you were. Just happened to really like this club." John took a swing from the drink the waiter brought.

"Where's your little wife?" Maggie mocked, yep defiantly buzzed.

"Eh. She was nagging." John shrugged.

"John will you dance with me?" Maggie suddenly asked, smiling.

"What?" John stared at her.

"Pwease dance wit me?" She pouted and fluttered her lashes. John chuckled and slid out of the booth with Maggie cheering. They danced until Maggie began to sway. John led her outside where he called a taxi. Knowing he couldn't bring her home to George, he took her to the nearest hotel.

   Opening the door, John half carried half drug the drunk Maggie into the suite before placing her giggling form in the bed. John began to pull her shoes off when se began to speak.

"I want a baby." She blurted, blinking lazily up at him through her drunken stupor.

John chuckled, taking off her shoes, "You have one love. She's at home. You'll see her tomorrow."

Maggie sat up and pouted rolling her eyes like she couldn't beeline John wasn't understanding."No! I want A baby now! John will you give me a baby? I want your baby!" She cried and fell back on the bed.

"I don't think that a good idea Mags." John shook his head and helps her get under the covers.

"Why? Don't you want me to carry your baby?! I'd make a good Mummy, come on Johnny, please!" Maggie he learned from experience was a pouting, bratty drunk.

"I don't doubt that love, but what will poor Georgie think?" He asked easing a brow.

"George doesn't have to know. Besides," Maggie giggled and leaned close to John's ear. "You and I made love first." She fell back a giggling mess.

John but his lip and shook his head. "Get some sleep Maggie Mae Rose." He smiled before shutting out the light.

  John maneuvered to the couch where he slipped off his shows and jacket before getting comfortable on the wide couch. Just as his eyes were beginning to close he felt the pressure of a body being pushed into his own.

Squinting John made out Maggie's form as she laid in front of him, her face pressed to his chest as she gripped his shirt.

   "I love you." She whispered as her eyes fell shut.

   John stroked her hair sadly before kissing her forehead. "I love you too, so much."