chapter 23

Nanda had been freaking the fuck out, especially when she realized I hadn't brought my phone with me when I had run ten miles away from our house.

I was a little too preoccupied with why I had had the nerve to actually kiss Sollux to remember why I had run away in the first place, but I'm barely through the front door before Nanda comes flying out of the kitchen to hug me, nearly forcing me from my feet.

"Don't ever do that again!" She practically yells in my ear. "I know you were scared, but don't ever do that again!"

"N-Nanda, calm the fuck down." I give her a second to regain her composure, then quickly fill her in on where I had been for the past four hours. She tells me she had gone out to search for me on her own, and only just got back, but had debated calling the police.

I really didn't expect her to go to those lengths.

"The look in your eyes when you read the letter... You freaked me out, Kat."

"I'm sorry." I mumble. And I really am sorry. Nanda was never the bitchy older sister, ever, rather the one that would do anything for their little brother.

"Don't be, you just scared me." She stand up from where we sit at the unused kitchen table. "Tea?" I nod vigorously. "Oh, and Kat, his parole says he can't travel, so you're completely safe here, okay?"

"Okay." That doesn't comfort me as much as Sollux's hug had. When did a guy become more comforting than my own older sister?

"And even if he could, I'd beat the shit out of him before he even got near you." I smile, accepting the mug offered to me.

"Thanks, Nanda." She smiles back and tousles my hair.

"No problem, Kit Kat." At that, I stick out my tongue. She had stopped calling me that when I was ten.

She just grins, grabbing my mug for a sip, before grimacing.

"How can you stand this shit?" I snatch my cup back, draining it in one gulp.

"How can you not?" She rolls her eyes.

"Whatever. Hey, you should go take a shower, Kat." I had taken on last night, so what's the big deal? "You smell like sweat."

One hot shower later finds me curled up in my comforter while leaning against my bed. I'm watching Princess Bride and having a wonderful time drawing Miracle Max. It's just after noon now, and I feel like I'm forgetting something.

The movie. Swearing, I find my phone on my nightstand and quickly start pestering Sollux.

-CarcinoGeneticist started pestering TwinArmageddons at 12:06 a.m.-

CG: DUDE, I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE MOVIE

TA: iit'2 fine. ii thiink today wa2 a bad day anyway.

CG: YOU SURE?

TA: 'cour2e

CG: WE CAN MOVE IT TO NEXT WEEKEND

CG: I MEAN, IF YOU WANT

TA: 2ound2 good to me. 2aturday?

CG: THAT'S FINE. NOON?

TA: iit'2 a date.

CG: WOULD YOU STOP SAYING THAT?

TA: you're 2o much fun to tea2e, kk

CG: YOU KNOW WHAT, SHUT UP.

CG: SEE YOU TOMORROW

-CarcinoGeneticist ceased pestering TwinArmageddons at 12:08 a.m.-

Arrg, why does everything this guy says sound like he's coming onto me?