Chapter 4: What's Wrong With Chris

|Briana's P.O.V|

It was now Friday, it's been 4 days. Christen and I made our bet 4 days ago, which was Monday. That meant if I didn't get Chris to be my boyfriend today, I lose the bet. I didn't make the bet with Christen, just to show her that I could get any man I wanted. I made the bet because I wanted to make Chris my boyfriend.

I got up out of my bed and went into the bathroom. I did my daily hygiene routine then took a shower. After I got out of the shower, I got dressed then I went downstairs. As I walked downstairs, the smell of breakfast hit my nose. Not surprisingly, I see my mom slaving over a hot stove, cooking breakfast.

"What'cha cookin', good lookin'?" I asked, then kissed her on the cheek.

"Breakfast. Want some?" She said stating the obvious.

"Yep" I said sitting down.

I waited for 30 minutes for her to finish cooking. Her food has to be perfect, if she thinks it's not perfect, she'll throw it away and start over. I ate my breakfast and headed out the door.

"Bye, mama!"

"Bye, baby. I'll see you when you get home!" She said then I walked out the door and hopped in my car. I drove to the school, and to my surprise, Chris wasn't waiting outside for me like he has been for the last couple of days. I thought he was just inside, waiting for me at my locker like he always does after class, but he wasn't there. Maybe he already went to class, I thought, but then when I went to class, he wasn't there either. Finally, I gave up wondering where he was, then the was a knock on the classroom door. My head shot up from my work, in hopes that he was the one at the door.

The person at the door handed Dr. Johnson a note and Dr. Johnson read it to himself then went back to his desk. The person walked in with a black hood and a black eye, looking down at the floor. By the way he walked, I could tell that was Chris. He took his seat next to me and put his head down.

"Chris! What happened to your eye? Where have you been? I've been looking for you everywhere!"

Nothing, and nowhere" He replied coldly, answering both questions

"Chris, please talk to me!"

"I am talking to you."

"Then tell me what's wr-" I said, then Dr. Johnson cut me off.

"Miss Wright! You are supposed to me doing your work, not talking!" Dr. Johnson said cutting me off.

"Yes sir." I said then went back to my work.

Class was over and usually, Chris would walk me to my next class, but instead he walked right past me. I went to my next class and immediately started talking to Christina.

"Christina, what is wrong with Chris?" I said sounding like a panic.

"I don't know, what happened to him?"

"He walked in class late and had a black eye."

"I don't know, I'll ask him later for you."

"Thank you." I said sitting down in my sit and beginning to listen to everything Ms. Wilson was saying.

~~~

I went in the lunchroom looking for Chris. I looked around but I couldn't find him, then something told me to look in the corner and I did and spotted Chris sitting at a table by himself with his head down. I walked over to him and sat down beside him.

"Go away."

"No!"

"Can you just leave me alone." He said getting up to walk away, but I grabbed his hand.

"Come with me." I said still holding on to his hand. I held his hand all the way to our destination. I took him to the courtyard outside and he leaned on the brick wall.

"What do you want." He said avoiding eye contact with me.

"For you to talk to me."

"I ain't got nothing to say"

"Chris, you always got something to say. The only time when you don't got nothing to say is when you sleeping. Chris, can you please just talk to me? I miss the sound of your voice, ple-" I said until he cut me off by kissing me passionately. At first, I was surprised and didn't kiss back, but then I gave in and started kissing him back. He grabbed my ass and squeezed it then pulled away from the kiss.

"What was that for?" I asked him, but in my mind I was screaming and cheering.

"You wouldn't shut up and I wanted to do that since the first day I laid eyes on you." He said smiling.

"I wanted to, too." I said smiling from ear to ear.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!" I said then we walked back into the lunchroom hand in hand.

There was two things going through my mind right now:

Chris is my boyfriend!! and Christen owes me 20 dollars!

~~~

I went home and called Christen.

"Hey, Bri!"

"Hey, guess what?" I said getting excited.

"What?"

"You owe me 20 dollars. I won!" I said screaming into the phone.

"I know, Chris was blabbing all day about his new girlfriend"

"Wow, really?"

"Yep"

"Wow, anyways I want my money, but I gotta go talk to your sister. Bye!"

"Okay, bye!" And with that, I hung up and called Christina.

"Hello?"

"Did you ask him what was wrong with him, yet?"

"Kinda. As I was walking past his room, I heard him talking on the phone. He said he got jumped by some guys, then he said that wasn't why he was ignoring everyone."

"Did he say why he was upset?"

"I don't know, he saw me listening to his conversation so I ran."

"Did he say what the guys names were?"

"Yeah, he said one was named Dwayne and the other one was named Reggie."

When she said those names, it hit me like a lightning bolt.

"Thank you Christina" I said then hung up before she could respond.

"Yeah, he said one was named Dwayne and the other one was named Reggie" kept running through my mind.

Oh gosh....