Deke

"Oh please, just like that...mmmm."

Her eyes are closed and she's writhing under him, thrusting her pelvis up to meet his tongue, which is licking and flicking between her legs. She is so beautiful, everything about her is sensual, her skin, her smell, her taste. Then suddenly she bucks under him, her muscles tightening as she orgasms, crying out his name. It's all he needs to pull himself up and thrust deep inside her, he wants to make it last, but his resolve is shattered by her soft cries. He grunts deeply as he comes. He rolls off her and turns on his side to face her. She mirrors his action and they look deep into each other's eyes, their breath mingling and caressing like long lost lovers.

"Deke, I...I love you."

He knows what he wants to say, but he can't get it out. She is watching him carefully and as the seconds tick by, hurt clouds her eyes.

"It's okay, I don't expect you to feel the same way, and I guess you've heard those words from hundreds of women and..."

He puts a finger on her lips to silence her and caresses her cheek. What he feels for her is too much to put in words, and he's never been one for words.

"Get some sleep now baby, it's been a long and difficult day. And I'm going to ask more from you and Opie and all the others in the next few days, so I need everyone ready to go."

When Jenna has closed her eyes and her breathing slows to a sleep rhythm, Deke lifts his head onto his palm and watches her. He traces her eyes and lips with his index finger, marvelling at how perfect they are.

She would not believe her mother pulled a gun on him, everything she seemed to remember about their childhood was happiness, atleast until Ella. She'd never seen the ugly poisonous looks her mother would throw them. Deke stopped trying to explain when Jenna started to get agitated.

He gets it, she thinks the world of her parents, how could she believe her beloved mother would be capable of such hatred towards a couple of kids whose only crime was a mother who abandoned them?

He twists a dark lock of her hair around his finger. God, knowing what her father did will destroy her - she must never know.
-----------------
Deke wakes early and gets out of bed, careful not to wake Jenna. He washes up and changes before walking out into the living room. Raine is sitting with the girls, their heads bent, whispering quietly.

"How is she doing?"

Startled, they nearly jump out of their chairs when they see him. The other girls quickly get up and walk to the kitchen as Deke takes a seat next to Raine.

Her eyes are bloodshot and her lips pale, she is a beautiful women who for the first time looks her age.

"She won't speak to anyone, not even me. She thinks I was part of all this, she hates me. She hates us all. What did you do to her?"

"Did she say anything about Bruiser?"

"I told you, she's not saying a word to anyone. Why is she being punished for what that asswipe did?"

"Do you remember what happened to the families of those fuckers that brought down the towers? Even their family members who had nothing to do with it, were treated like criminals, their lives forever destroyed. I'm going to make sure that doesn't happen to Kat. But she's only safe if she stays here. If she goes back to him, she fucked. More so than ever before. If you love your daughter, you won't give in when she begs you later to let her go, because she will."

He gets up and goes back to his room where Jenna is sitting up in bed. She smiles shyly at him. God, she belongs in his bed, and he wants to wake up to her everyday.

"Hi."

"You okay?"

She looks at him for a moment, the smile falters.

"I don't really want to talk about yesterday Deke. I don't want to keep asking why I'm doing all this. You said Kat follows Bruiser blindly, never questioning what he's doing. But isn't that what we are all doing with you?"

He sits down on the bed next to her and raises her palm to his lips, kissing it lightly. He looks up at her, his eyes boring deep into hers.

"There's a big difference between Bruiser and I."

"What'll happen to Kat?"

"She stays here until it's all over, it must appear to everyone as if she tried to leave him. I need you to go through the surveillance tapes and put together a timeline, everyone coming or going from the O'Reilly's."

"If you tell me what you're looking for, I'll have a better chance of finding it."

"You'll know what your looking for when you see it."

There is a soft knocking on the door. He and Jenna look up as Claudie pops her head in.

"Your men are here."

He gives Jenna a quick kiss and follows Claudie out into the living room. His heart swells with pride at the sight that greets him. All his lieutenants, barring Bruiser and Ringo are here. But no prospects. It makes sense, the kids whose sense of loyalty is still being established, have chosen Bruiser.

Each one of the large leather clad men walk over to him led by Spark. Each embraces him with a soft, "Brother, with you always until my dying day."

After the greetings are done, they sit at the dining room table and look at him expectantly. The women are chittering excitedly at this flood of testosterone, vying for the attention of the men who simply ignore them. Deke looks at Raine and she hastily ushers the women into their rooms.

"One item of business before we start."

He looks around the table, giving each man a hard look.

"I have had nothing but respect for your families, especially your old ladies. I expect the same from you."

They look at him in puzzlement.

He looks to the corridor where Jenna is hiding in the shadows. He catches her eye and gestures for her to join them. The men look up when she emerges and walks over to him. He takes her hand and surveys the men.

"This is my family. To go against Jenna is to go against me, is that understood?"

They all nod slowly. Then Spark stands and walks over to Jenna. She squeezes his hand hard and he squeezes back reassuringly. Spark leans down and gives Jenna a kiss on both cheeks.

"Welcome Jenna."

The others follow suit and by the time they are all done, Jenna is smiling, her eyes dancing and her body no longer tense. They have accepted her, but has she accepted them?

She may think she has, but the true test is still to come, when she realises her mother will never allow her to be with him.