Chapter 3

A/N I had updated this earlier but.... when I edited it, everything got deleted sooooooo I will try again. :( Hope it works.

The guy pictures above is how I see Felix, except the eyes.

Since that first day I had done my laundry in the bathtub, I was wearing the same clothes as the first day and all my clothes were packed away. Thank god I am getting out of this place! I thought to myself. There was a knock at the door a few minutes later and I looked out the peep hole, it was the man. I opened the door and let him in. Once he was inside he sat down on the couch and stared at me. I held his gaze but soon started to squirm under his gaze. Maybe this was a mistake. I thought to myself. I cleared my throat and said,"Umm...I'm...I'm Roxana." I offered my hand to him and he said,"Felix" but ignored my hand. I rubbed my hand on my pants and sat down on the bed. Awkward silence filled the room as we stared at each other. Felix had red hair and brown eyes, his hair was really messy and he seemed muscular. And he must have been bold because he walked in the middle of the street. He stood up suddenly and I stood up I realized that he was a good foot taller than me. To break the silence I said,"So what happened?" He just shrugged.

Then said,"Get ready we are leaving"

As I got my stuff I asked him many questions like where he was from. He never answered any of them. I wanted to know how old he was but he didn't answer that question either. I told him that I was twenty-three hoping that would open him up a bit but he still didn't answer. I let out a breath of air and shut up. When we left he gave me a knife and told me to stay near him and not talk. I stayed near him and didn't talk until we got to a warehouse. Which was apparently his camp. This camp contained lots of people scattered in age. Felix wasn't there when I turned around to ask a question. He probably wouldn't have answered anyways I thought.

A few hours later everyone was going to bed. I looked and searched for an empty cot, but couldn't find one. Just as I was about to give up and sleep on the floor, Felix appeared behind me and took my hand gently in his. His hand was calloused but soft. He led me over to a cot and said,"You can have mine" I shook my head no but he insisted so I layed in his cot. I stared at ceiling and waited for sleep. "I'm twenty" I heard someone say and I realized that it was Felix. I smiled and thought about my tiniest bit of success as I fell asleep.