introduction

T H A N K  Y O U

One day, I was going through Wattpad looking for a good book to read when I realized that at the core of what I really wanted to read was a book where women of color, particularly black women (such as myself), were depicted in narratives that did not revolve around their race. 

I wanted to read something where I could feel represented or seen because one thing I've noticed is how difficult it is to find stories like that. Stories that have black characters and are not urban. In fact, I could hardly very hardly find a book like that. 

So, I decided to create that book. And you're all reading it. 

All this to say that I want to encourage more black women and other women of color to write the books they want to read and to feel the support that we deserve. We matter. We have voices. We will be heard. We will be seen. 

If you have an issue with this, then this is not the book for you. 

However, for those that are giving this novel a try I want to thank you. 

D I S C L A I M E R

- foul language

- sexual references & scenes

- substance abuse & overdose

- mentions of abuse 

There are very heavy themes in this book and absolutely none of them are romanticized of glamorized. 

Copyright © 2019 by Scarlett Moses