"I have to go, Sara."

"I know."

"I will be back, I promise."

"I know. You always do."

Sara tried to keep herself preoccupied with various activities she could think of doing, which was not much. Most of the time, she would just look out the window waiting for Nyssa's return. She grew more anxious each day that passed. Not being so comfortable at a foreign land with Nyssa's absence.

She was pacing back and forth by the window, then at the corner of her eye, she saw a jeep heading their direction. It has to be Nyssa. She looked out and saw it was indeed her. The excitement was evident in her smile. And the expression was mirrored by Nyssa when she caught sight of her beloved by the window. Sara rushed downstairs and heard the jeep halt to a stop. Then she heard two loud noises as she was opening the door. Bang. Bang. Gunshots. She hurried out to see Nyssa with a grim expression on her face, hands clutching her abdomen. She moved to her side and caught her as she collapsed in her arms. Everything else around her faded. Her sole focus was the woman lying in her arms.

"Don't leave me. Don't you dare do that to me, Nyssa. Please. Keep fighting. We'll get you through this. Don't leave me."

Then another shot echoed. Nyssa looked up at her and said, "run, Sara. Run!"

Sara jerked awake and found herself still on the island, nestled under a tree where she had fallen asleep out of exhaustion.

"A dream. Of course."

She heard rustling of leaves from a distance and knew that trouble was headed her way. She peered from the back of the tree to assess her chances of getting out of there before she got caught in the crossfire. She ran and ran until she was out of breath and had to take a break. She once again hid amongst the trees, checking if there were any threats near. No one, nothing. She calmed herself a bit, trying to catch a few breaths. Then her thoughts wandered to the dream she had of Nyssa.

"Will I ever get off this island? Oh, Nyssa."

-------------------

Nyssa sailed off with a few of her men, along with Nate and Alec. Nate had supported her agenda of looking for Sara, even though he had little hope that they would succeed, nevertheless, he will be by Nyssa's side along the way. Alec, on the other hand, had been completely against the idea, but still came to make sure Nyssa doesn't get herself killed in her hopeless search for her beloved.

"Your father will not be pleased."

"I know. Yet you express more displeasure than he ever did."

"I am just looking out for you, Nyssa."

"I am no longer that kid that you had to follow around. I am very capable of taking care of myself. I didn't need your protection then, and I don't need your protection now."

"You have always been strong, and the greatest amongst us even then, but you have been compromised. You have allowed a weakness and have been drowning in it. Sooner or later, that will get you killed."

"Death is inevitable. She will not get me killed. Beign born as heir to the demon, and being part of the League, my death has been apparent from the beginning."

"She's a distraction."

"To me? Or to you? It seems that you are more troubled by these thoughts than I am. I didn't ask you to come, Alec. You went along at your own accord. I wish not to hear anymore of your ramblings."

Alec left her side, frustrated that he still cannot sway her. He ran into Nate as he was going down the cabin.

"This is all your fault."