Chapter 64- Familiar Face

Jennifer's POV

I wake up laying on Leah's chest with my arms locked around her body and her mother standing in the doorway to the bedroom. I flutter my eyes and force a smile. "Good morning." I mutter to her. "Good morning... Wake Leah up and you two come have breakfast." She says happily. I nod my head and then I hear Leah, "go away." She groans to her mother. Her mother rolls her eyes and leaves the room, closing the door behind her. "Well good morning to you too..." I tease her. She strokes my back lightly and laughs to herself. "Good morning gorgeous." She whispers to me. "Are you hungry?" I ask her. "Not right now... Why don't we go run or something first?"  She suggests. "That's fine." I tell her and slide my hand underneath her shirt and rub her stomach. "I'll take you to Runyon Canyon... Get dressed." She tells me.

I get out of bed and get ready. I put on some tight Nike training pants and a slightly oversized red hoodie. Leah and I go out of the bedroom and downstairs and find her parents sitting in the kitchen eating. "We're gonna go to Runyon and then we'll come back for breakfast." Leah says and takes the keys to her moms car. "Okay... Be careful." She calls as we leave the house.

Leah drives us to Runyon Canyon and we get out and start our hike up. "All of your family knows you're gay?" I ask her. "For the most part... there are a few that just haven't figured it out yet. It came as a shock to everyone because I had been with my ex fiancé and I had brought him to all of the family gatherings and stuff..." She explains to me. "But everyone who knows accepts it?" "Yeah, they know that they may as well just accept it because I'm not gonna change for them." She tells me and grabs my hand. "That's good... Now the real question is are they going to like me?" I tease her. "It wouldn't make a difference to me if they hated you... But they're gonna love you." She laughs. I shake my head and keep walking.

After a considerable amount of time- we reach the top of the Canyon and Leah hands me her water bottle, "this is a beautiful view." I say and drink her water. She nods her head and takes the bottle from me. "I love it." "I love you." I say back to her quickly. "You're an idiot but I love you more." She tells me and takes me to a bench and sits down with me. She traces her fingertips over my hand and looks directly at me. "Remember what I said to you a few weeks ago... About spending the rest of my life with you?" She says. "Yes.. I do." I tell her, not thinking much of it. "Marry me." She says. I look at her and realize that she's serious... She reaches into the pocket of her jacket and pulls out a small box and opens it. "Leah, are you serious?" I say and look at the ring. "I'm serious." She tells me and just looks at me nervously. "Okay." I say and start to smile. "You will?" She asks. I nod my head quickly and a giant smile appears on my face. She smiles back at me and leans over and kisses me. "I love you, Jennifer." "I love you you too, Leah." I whisper to her and she puts the ring on my finger.

I look at her and shake my head, smiling like an idiot the whole time. "You're sneaky." I say and slap her leg playfully. "Well... I wanted to surprise you." She giggles and tucks a stray piece of hair behind my ear. "You did! I wasn't expecting it... I was expecting a little hike but no... now I'm engaged." I laugh and stand up. "I was gonna go all out with a fancy dinner and roses but I figured it'd be too obvious..." She says. "This was perfect." I tell her and peck her lips softly, still smiling at all of this. "Come on baby, we need to get back to my parents and help my mom." She says and grabs my hand.

-

We make it back to her parents house and Leah and I go upstairs without saying a word about what just happened... Which is fine with me. We go into the bathroom and Leah gives me a look. "Take a shower with me." She grins and bites her lip. "Gladly." I whisper and strip out of my clothes, rushing to get in.

-

After our shower, we both start getting dressed. I put my bra and panties on and look at Leah who is sitting on the edge of the bed in nothing but her panties, on her phone. "What are you wearing?" I ask and walk over to her. "Jeans and a cute shirt." She tells me.... "I think you should just wear that." She teases me and puts her hands on my waist, pulling me closer. "That'd be one hell of a first impression." I giggle and I find myself straddling Leah's lap. "Is the door locked?" She asks me. I glance back and nod my head yes.

She grins at me and kisses me softly, using no tongue at all. She then lays on her back, pulling me down with her. "Baby-" I stutter, hesitant about doing this here. "Shh." She tells me and kisses me again, this time teasing me by sucking at my lower lip. She pulls back and looks at me and I start to smile. "Idiot." I whisper and she kisses me again. I manage to stop smiling and to kiss her back and we start making-out and things are getting more and more intense. I bring my hands up her side and start to massage her bare breasts and then I kiss her neck as well.

As soon as my tongue touches her skin- there is a knock on the door and it makes me jump. Leah places her hands on my back and holds me while I get very still and quiet on top of her, "What?" She calls out. "Finish getting dressed girls, family will be here soon and I need your help." Her mother says innocently. I smirk and try not to laugh and Leah rolls her eyes. "Okay, okay. We're almost done." Leah lies. We listen and hear her mothers footsteps trail off.

I look at Leah and we both start to laugh. She lets her hands slide off of my body and she pecks my lips, "Get some clothes on." She teases me & smacks my ass. I climb off of her and go back into the bathroom and finish getting ready.

About 45 minutes later- we walk out of the room and head downstairs to find her mom and some other women whom I've never even seen before standing in the kitchen. "Leah, there you are." Her mom says. Leah smiles and waves at everyone with her free hand because her other is busy holding mine. "Everyone this is Jennifer." Leah introduces me and I smile kindly.

After several minutes of being introduced to basically Leah's entire family, Leah and I are sitting on the couch with her younger cousins- they're all 19-25 so naturally they love Leah. We are all sitting together, laughing and talking and then I happen to glance up and see a familiar face... One that I'm not too happy to see. Ryan. I swallow hard and my face goes blank. I look away from him and look at Leah and just smile, I know she hasn't seen him yet. That doesn't last long, "Well hello everyone." Ryan announces and walks over to where all of us are sitting. Leah gets quiet and sits back. "Ryan, you look good!" One of the girls says and hugs him. He smiles and then looks dead at me. "Jennifer." He says my name. I don't acknowledge him- I instead tap Leah's leg, "I'll be right back." I say to her and stand up. I walk out of the room and down the hall to the bathroom.

This is really really awkward and tense. I can still see the anger in Leah's eyes, it hasn't lessened any- in fact if think her hatred towards him has gotten stronger.

I go to leave the bathroom and I see Ryan as soon as I open the door. I glance at him for a seconds but then quickly look away and step past him. But before I can make it 3 feet, Leah appears. She looks at me and grabs my hand, "you good?" She asks me and gives Ryan the dirtiest look. "I'm fine baby." I tell her and kiss her, well aware that Ryan is watching all of this. "Leah, you're pathetic." Ryan grumbles. Leah goes to say something but I beat her to it- "Ryan, fxck off. No one asked for your input." I hiss at him. "Oh fxck you, Jennifer." He says and just gives me this look, he pauses and smirks.... "Oh wait- I already did."  He grins. I shake my head and roll my eyes, walking off in the opposite direction with Leah beside me.

"This is gonna be one hell of a Thanksgiving." Leah mutters to me. "Sure is." I say back to her, knowing that this isn't over yet.