Chapter 4- So-So

Leah's POV

I lied. I walked past my apartment building. I just wanted to keep talking to Jennifer. So I lied and I told her that I was past her... but in reality I walked two extra blocks than was necessary just to have a simple conversation with the girl.

Two Days Later

I'm in my office at work, looking at things online and calling people about getting things where they're supposed to go.

Most people would get stressed out by all of this but not me- I love it. I love the pressure and the responsibility of my job. It motivates me in a way....

Around 3:00pm I log out of my computer and start to leave for the day. So I head out of my building wearing a black pantsuit paired with some simple black heels. I walk for a few minutes and then I start to approach where I seem to run into Jennifer a lot. I casually look around for her and then I see her.

I find a way to make sure that our paths cross and she sees me and waves. "Hey!" She says. "Hey. How are you?" I ask her. "I'm good..." she says, "what about you?" "Great, but I actually wanna ask a small favor of you." I say, pushing my luck. "What's that?" She laughs. "Well, rumor has it that you're a pretty decent cook. I heard that from a friend I guess... and that friend may or may not have been a close friend of Bradley's... and well, I am trying to work on my cooking skills so...." I pause and give her a look. "Maybe you could be a doll and help me out tonight? I'll take you out for another drink...." I say and laugh. "Leah I-" she starts. But then I make eye contact with her. She stops talking and looks at me. She bites her lip casually and then smiles. "Okay... so where and when do you need these cooking lessons I'm about to give you?" She teases me.

"My apartment... Tonight?" I say, hopefully. She makes a face, seeming like she's about to decline. But then she looks at me, "okay... so send me the address and I'll be there at 7:00." she says and smiles. "Alight. See you there, Chef." I hear her laugh as she walks away.

I'm looking forward to this actually.

Jennifer's POV

It's 6:50pm and I'm leaving my building to go to Leah's. I noticed the address that she sent me... it's not past my condo. It's in the complete opposite direction. Whatever, I walk to her place, which isn't really that far from mine.

I enter the lobby and go up to her floor and then I find her apartment. I knock on the door and she opens it. "Hey." she smiles. "Hey." I say back and walk inside. I look around and immediately notice how well decorated her place is. It's not huge, but it's a pretty decent size and she knows how to decorate it to make it look larger.

"So, what's on the menu?" She asks. "What do you have for me to cook with?" I ask and put my purse down on the table. "Spaghetti?" She smiles. "Sure..." I say and wash my hands.

We cook dinner together, well- I cook and show her how to do it. And then we sit down at the table.

"I have a question..." I say. "What's that?" "You told me you lived on past my building a few nights ago. Why?" I ask. She gets quiet for a second and then grins. "Fine, you caught me. I lied and walked two extra blocks so I could have a conversation with you." she says. I don't know how to respond to this.. "why? I'm not that interesting." I say. "To some people I guess not.  But I like talking to you. You can make me laugh. Which is great, and plus you're absolutely beautiful." she says to me.

I look up at her and smile shyly. "Thank you, Leah." I say. After an awkward pause she gets up. "No problem. Now, let's clean these dishes up." she says.

I help her clean the kitchen and then I ask where her restroom is. She shows me so I go in and use the bathroom but then I stop in front of the mirror before I exit. "holy shit." I mutter to myself and shake my head. I brush off the strange feeling that just came over me and go back out.

I enter the kitchen and see Leah holding her hand. "What happened?" I ask and step closer to her. "I just burnt myself." she says and glances up at me because I'm still wearing my heels.

"Lemme see." I say and take her hand. I look at her finger and then I make the mistake of making eye contact with her. There was a second of awkward silence and I was scared shitless that she was gonna try and kiss me- so I just said something instead.

"I'm not seeing Bradley anymore." I whisper. She looks at me, confused. "Why's that?" She asks, still looking into my eyes. "It didn't feel right." I mutter back and try to step away. She then does exactly what I was afraid she would. She kisses me. "Jennifer." she says in a low voice.

"I need to go." I say quickly and grab my purse. I walk to the door and she follows "Jennifer, wait...." she says. "I'm sorry- I shouldn't have done that." she apologizes. "Thanks for having me over, Leah. But I really have to go now." I say and leave her apartment.

As I walk home I start to panic and I just feel off. What I told Leah about Bradley was true, I broke things off with him before they got too serious. After the whole incident with my brother I figured I may as well let it go.

I finally get home and I head upstairs and look at myself in the mirror. "Stupid...." I mutter to myself. She kissed me. Leah kissed me. Why would she do that, knowing that I am not gay?! I don't understand. This twisted up lesbian world is confusing me.

The Next Day

Leah's POV

I wake up and put on a pair of colored jeans and a flowy, white top and some flats and head out the door. I get to my office and my secretary hands me a piece of paper.

"New jobs?" I ask. "Just one." she respond as I walk into my office and close the door. I sit down and see that it's a building a few blocks away. I buzz my secretary's desk. "Yes?" She asks. "So, is someone coming in to meet with me or should I head down to the office?" I ask. "They're sending someone at 10:00 to meet with you here." She says.

I look at the clock and it's 9:56am. I patiently wait and then I hear a knock. "Come in." I say and stand up. The door opens and I see my secretary and then... Jennifer.

"Hi..." I say. "Hello." she smiles. My secretary leaves and closes the door. Jennifer sits across from me and just looks at me. "So, your office is doing some upgrading ?" I ask. "Yeah, looks that way." she says.

"Leah, why'd you kiss me last night?" She randomly asks while we are in the middle of talking. I look at her and I just freeze up. "I- I don't know." I say. "You can't just not know why you kiss someone! You knew I was straight!!!!" She snaps, raining her voice a little. I stand up and walk around my desk to her.

I sit in front of her, "Shh- keep your voice down please." I say. "Jennifer, I don't know why I did it. It was stupid and I know you're straight and all that. You're just... I don't know. Something about you drew me to you and it just happened." I explain. She stands up and looks at me for a second. "Again, I'm sorry." I say and wait for her to continue to bombard with with "Why did you do it?!?"

Rather that hearing that same question again, I feel her hand on my neck and her lips on mine. She just kissed me... okay- now I'm confused.

"What are you doing?" I ask her and look at her. "I didn't get a chance to find out if I liked kissing girls or not...." she whispers and bites her lip. "And...?" I grin. "Eh..." She pauses and kisses me softly again. "So-so." She whispers and stands up.

"I'll see you tomorrow..." she says. "Uh-Um -Tomorrow?" I ask her. "Yes, tomorrow. We're meeting for lunch to talk about the new office design... remember?" She smiles. "Oh, of course." I say, mesmerized by her ass as she walks out of my office.

Oh my God... This feels like some kind of game. She's straight... yet she was just kissing me. What the hell is this?