Chapter 12

"Wait what?"

Naina called Kajal at 6 am panicking that there was no electricity and she couldn't study in the dark. But she ended up asking what Kajal did during the continued blackout. Kajal filled her in as briefly as possible. She needed to get ready for work.

Kajal said, "You heard me perfectly well the first time, Naina."

"You called this mystery dude in the middle of a blackout and then hung out with him on the terrace eating ice cream? Seriously?"

Kajal exhaled impatiently and asked, "Why would I joke about it?"

Naina made a tsk sound and muttered grumpily, "Kajal that is not what I meant. I meant that's all you're going to tell me about the whole thing?"

Kajal sat at her desk and scribbled out a quick list for work and stuck it in her organizer. She then replied, "What do you want to know?"

Naina said, "I have but one thing to say to you."

She frowned and asked, "What?"

"I told you it was a guy! I told you! I told you! I told you!" Naina guffawed.

Kajal shook her head and smiled at her sister's child-like reaction. She said, "Good. You got it out of your system. Now that's all you're going to get."

Naina whined, "Oh come on! For once, there is some excitement and gossip in your life and you're shutting me out? No fair. And yes I am pouting."

Kajal groaned and said, "Baby, I have work. I need to go."

Naina insisted, "Ten minutes. Hurry up and tell me. And don't leave out any details."

Thirty minutes later, Naina exclaimed, "Um if you don't want him, can I date him?"

Kajal burst out laughing and said, "By all means. I am in no place in life to date random strangers."

Naina went, "Ha! You went on a blind date this week! You don't fool me."

Kajal responded, "Yeah...you think I am a fool to say no to our grandmother and her arranged matches. It's like she sits and wonders to herself, "Hmmmmm....who will bug Kajal? Ah this man! Let's set them up on a blind date.""

Naina giggled and replied, "Okay that was funny but you're changing the topic."

"I did not. You brought up the blind date."

After a pause, Naina responded, "Ugh...I hate it when you're right. Anyway, about Vikramaditya..."

Kajal cut her off mid-sentence and said, "Naina, stop it. He's been my neighbour for a week. I have a packet of frozen vegetables in my freezer that I have known longer. I can't go around dating anyone you find charming. Now hush! I need to go to work. Bye!"

She knew she would have to pay for hanging up the phone abruptly later but she was really late. She hated the morning traffic and liked to leave early for avoiding it. Now she'd be stuck in the crawling traffic, hungry and terribly sleep deprived.

An hour later, she rushed into the elevator and reached the ground floor. She was calling the cab guy to inform him that she was coming toward the gate momentarily when someone stopped her. She cut the call and said, "What?"

She got a good look at the person in front of her. She was a really pretty girl dressed in a black jumpsuit. Kajal knew the jumpsuit was expensive because it fit really well and had the ability to shine without actually having any glitter or rhinestones on it. She held up a small piece of paper and asked, "I am so sorry for bothering you but could you tell me on which floor may I find this flat?"

Kajal looked at the paper hurriedly and replied, "Oh of course. Um, it's on the eleventh floor."

The girl smiled and replied, "Thank you so much. I didn't want to go all the way up and realize it's the wrong floor."

Kajal nodded absently and said, "Sure, no problem." She walked hurriedly to the gate and then stopped stock still. She turned around and went back to the girl who was now getting inside the lift. Kajal rushed and put her hand out and stopped the lift. She asked the girl, "Hey I'm sorry but do you know the guy whose address you just asked for?"

The girl nodded and smiled even wider. She replied, "Of course. He is my fiancé."

Author's Note: Hey guys! First of all, thank you so much for all the votes and comments. It really makes me happy knowing there are so many people reading this and becoming happy. :) So here's Chapter 12. I hope you enjoy. I miiiight try to do Chapter 13 tomorrow. But no promises. Until then, Happy Diwali! - S