1.6; "Can I trust you?"

Start from the beginning

"Honey are you alright? It looks like you just got hit by a truck." My mom asked. I gave her a glare. "Thanks, that makes me feel so much better." I responded. She walked over to me and sat down on my bed. "What's wrong?" She said, feeling the my forehead. "I just don't feel very well, can I stay home." I did a fake pout. She squinted her eyes at me. "You need to go to school." She said. I grunted. "But I don't feel well." I moaned.

My mom tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and smiled. "You aren't running fever, and also if you're feeling fine enough to be sassy I think you are feeling enough for school." She laughed. I pursed my lips, giving up in defeat. Even though I really didn't feel well.

"Fine." I replied. My mom gave me hug. "Breakfast is ready whenever you are." She smiled, before getting up and waltzing out of my bedroom. I sighed, before getting up, grabbing some clean clothes along the way and heading into the bathroom.

After I showered and all that jazz, I got dressed into some black jeggings, a white lace tank, a dark purple Henley tee and a dark jean jacket. I put on some white converse, did my makeup and hair before heading out the door.

>>>>>>>>>

I haven't talked to Maya or Farkle in almost a week. Maya never texted after the incident on Monday. I miss her. But I'm more hurt than angry, she just turned her back on me. I'm human, I make mistakes. She's acting like I have to be the perfect Riley she met the first day. I can't do everything she wants.

I trudged into school, internally groaning. I really didn't feel well. The whole incident on Monday had died down, it really wasn't that big a deal. Miley Cyrus does some new stupid thing and then suddenly all my worries are gone and everyone forgot about the posters Missy printed.

I slowly walked over to my locker, the exhaustion settling in. I was like a walking zombie I suppose. I opened up my locker, before I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey."

I turned my head around, and saw Lucas.

"Hi." I said bluntly, remembering we agreed to be friends. Aka I do have to be nice, I mean, I wanted to be kind to him but others I just want to rip his head off.

"Hi.." He said. I pursed my lips together. "Hey.." I said awkwardly. Wow, this was weird.

"So... I wanted to apologize."

My eyes widened. Lucas Friar, the rebellious, doesn't care for anyone, is apologizing, to me? Wow this really is a weird day.

"Apologize for what you saw, and the things I said Monday... But I also wanted to thank you. You saved me." He gave me a smirk.

"And don't you forget it." I said sassily, as he chuckled.

I shut my locker, before I suddenly felt a wave of nausea come over me. I turned to my side, leaning over my front, as I held my back. I felt like I was going to slightly stumble over, but I felt quick hands hold onto me. I looked over, and my eyes met with Lucas's.

It was quiet for a moment, before he spoke.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I just looked at him for a moment, it kind of felt like my dream earlier.

"I'm fine." I said, slightly nodding. We just looked into each other's efor a moment, before I stood straight back up.

"Thanks, friend." I said. He didn't look amused. "Yep, friend..." He said, kind of awkwardly. I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Can I trust you?" I asked. He looked at me strangely.

I raised my eyebrows, waiting for him to reply.

"Yes." He finally says.

I nodded my head. "Good, because friends are supposed to trust each other. I'm trusting you." I said.

"Friends also hang out." He remarked, of course with a smirk. I let out groan, really Riley. What about distant friends? Friends that only text once a month? But nope.

"Yeah I guess they do.." I said.

"Movies, maybe some food? Tonight?" He asked. I looked at him. His face was still utterly bruised, and you could see the bulky cast underneath his shirt.

"Why not." I finally said. He smirked. "Alright, see you tonight my friend." He called towards me, as he started to walk off. "Yeah." I hesitantly called back towards him, and he was gone.

I let out a sigh.

Maybe being friends with Lucas Friar will be harder than I thought.

>>>>

I'll Never Go Away - Erin McCarley

A/N: Hi beautifuls <3 I just wanted to talk to you guys for a moment about the story. So I know that this story is kind of complicated, and not very simple. But I really wanted this story to be complex, and just different. I want Riley and Lucas to have a lot of history and growth in here but also each of them have their own past and storyline. We will get more into Lucas's past soon, but for now you guys won't find out who the man calling Lucas was yet. That will be far later. I think the best relationships are the ones that last and are rooted in friendship, I'm hoping that this story will be last,  but I can promise that Riley and Lucas will have a love story from growth. They are going to go through up and downs, twists and turns, and a lot of things. It's going to be a roller coaster. But I hope you guys are holding on and are liking it so far! Sorry for my long note, I'll leave now hehe. Have a good day loves <3