Chapter 9: "You're always there"

Comenzar desde el principio

"But he didn't." Julian let her leg rest in his lap, not letting of her ankle, instead holding it gently feeling the smooth skin under his fingertips.

"You're lucky, Draxler." She put her other leg in his lap. "That I know yore joking."

"Oh c'mon, did I look serious to you?"

"I don't know." She shrugged her shoulders still smiling. "Were you?"

"Of course not." Her said quickly while watching her laugh quetly not wanting to wake up her brother. "You're doing this on purpose"

"What?" She asked trying to act innocent.

"Teasing me."

"Karma is a bitch."

"Or Amelia."

"Ohhh Draxler that was low."

"Was it now." Julian cracked a smile

"You shady thing."

"Thank you I'm honored."

"You better be." She slightly fisted his shoulder not stopping with her laughter that she desperately tried to suppress and kept failing. Same was with him. They were both suppressing their laughter trying to be as quiet and as considerate as they could towards Lucas. Laughter soon died down and they were left in the silence Amelia tried to avoid yet it was so calming and so soothing it was just beautiful.

"Your hands are cold, you know." Julian said after her fist broke the contact with his shoulder feeling the coldness from her hand leave slowly.

"They always are." She chuckled while looking at her hands, one completely healthy and other one in a cast that lost its white color long time ago. Let's say that the team desperately wanted to become artists and her cast seemed to be the perfect material for drawing.

"I like that."

"I'll ask you again when winter comes." She laughed as Julian played with her fingers.

"You know what they say about people with cold hands?" He looked up to her, staring into her eyes that were barely visible due the darkness.

"That they have bad blood circulation?" Amelia joked pulling the ends of her lips upwards.

"Aren't you trying to be funny now."

"But really, what do they say."

"Well, they say that people with cold hands have a warm heart."

"So? You have a cold one?" He let out a deep chuckle.

"What do you think?" He whispered, his lips forming into a smirk.

"I don't think you have a cold heart." Her voice barely louder than a whisper and yet it was so clear in his head he would have sworn he could recognize it among the million other voices. Only because that specific one could make his heart go into overheat. "And I think you really have a thing for my hands."

"True." Julian laughed wholeheartedly. "Soft, gentle and cold."

"Is that the reason you want me to be your so called nurse."

"Yes." He cracked one of his true beautiful smiles that made Amelia weak in so many ways. His smile was like the brightest ray of sunshine in her life, giving her the whole other beautiful sight to the world. "And that is you, not everyone can be my Ami."

"Your Ami?"

"Well of course. Whose else's." He squeezed her hand, Amelia kept chuckling shaking her head and relaxing in the chair enjoying the presence of her loved one.