Chapter 4

Here's chapter 4! Please support the story by voting or leaving a comment! Thanks a lot, enjoy!~

-K.R. Evangelista

- Chapter 4 - 

Silence.

It followed immediately after Zian's last statement. I can almost hear the gears turning in everybody's head, but as for me, I only felt confusion on his words.

"Mate? What does that mean?" I hesitantly asked as I have no idea what that word meant.

It seems like my words became the ice breaker as their faces registered different kind of emotions. Shock and horror were the common ones, but I swear I even saw some girls broke down into tears. Zian's face surprisingly still looks happy and carefree, maybe a bit happier actually, and that was what bothered me the most. I frowned, as I turned to look at each of their faces, waiting for someone to answer my question.

After a few more seconds of silence, I finally snapped. "Well? I'm not getting any younger here." I said in a haughty tone.

Zian erupted into loud laughter, followed by some of his friends, and Xyla as well. The laughter continued for a few seconds before they tried to smother their laughters. Xyla composed herself before speaking again.

"Sorry, we were just shocked. And mate have two meanings, one is friend and the other..." Her answer was cut off as the teacher arrived and asked everyone to settle down. Me being the ever curious one, tore a small piece of paper and wrote down on it, asking Xyla to finish what she was saying. I passed it to her but she just shook her head, a small smile playing on her lips. She wrote something down and handed the paper back to me.

"I'm sure you'll figure out the answer soon enough." Cryptic words again, but I just sighed and let it drop. I guess I wouldn't be able to pry it out of her anyways. 

The class was boring enough to put more than half the class to sleep, but I felt familiar eyes boring at my face but I didn't pay him any attention. As I've said before, he is definitely handsome and no doubt a guy who can get any girl he wants, but I'm not interested on any romantic relationship with anyone at all. At least not for now. And I don't want to start being friends with him, then later on the friendship would turn into something more just like in the past...

My thoughts were cut short when the bell rang, signalling freedom from this boring class. Xyla bounced out of her seat quickly just like the rest of the sleeping students.

"Come on quick Kei, we only have P.E left for today then we're freeeeeeee!" I laughed at her antics, but I did as she said and hurried up on packing my things. Zian and company left the room before us, laughing at something probably one of them had said. 

We exited the room as well and headed out to the gym. The gym was really big, bigger than what I would consider normal for a school, but this just proves that most of the students here are rich. I went up to the teacher to ask for a uniform since the office lady didn't give me one yet when I went there before.

The teacher was really nice and pretty. She introduced herself as Miss Mari, then gave me the uniform but she said that we don't have to change into it for today. Confused, I asked her the reason for that.

"We're learning ballroom dancing today. You know, just preparations for the Winter Ball." She smiled at me before telling me to line up with my classmates so that we can partner up with the guys.

I nervously chuckled while walking, because to be honest, I haven't done any ballroom dancing besides the simple waltz. I guess I would just pray that whoever my partner is, they should have strong feet and unlimited patience to be able to put up with me.