Rising Hunger Chapter-1. ( Entry #11)

Genre:

Werewolf.

Short Summary of the Story:

Aidan, a strong, sensual Alpha won't rest till his precious mate is his. Princess Rosalina, who has never wanted a mate, can't help but be attracted to the one man who makes her feel intense heat and passion. Will she refuse him or learn to love him?

Short Summary of the Chapter:

This chapter introduces Rosalina as a werewolf running about in her father's lands where she comes across a foreign presence. It later describes her dispassion towards finding her mate and attending a ball arranged for precisely the same reason. Finally her friend, Ariel, convinces her for the same.

Review:

  To be honest, I did not expect a werewolf story to be started off so well. The introductory paragraph was excellent with a brilliant use of vocabulary. The descriptions are detailed and the actions described well. I could relate to the character and feel the emotions coursing through the lead character. But the initial feel lost it's effect as the story progressed. The pace took a lag and the conversation with Ariel got a little boring. The author should try and keep a track of her descriptions. I actually saw a little discrepancy in the eye colour described at two or three places.

 But on a brighter side, The writer has managed to create a feeling of suspense about the characters which makes the readers want to read further and not lose interest. Also the dialogues have been written well, the characterization is clear and each distinct and the language is lucid. The text flows well and the chapter has been ended well. I did notice a few spelling mistakes, easily rectifiable with the help of an editor.

  An enjoyable read!

Final Verdict:

   *** out of *****