14| Hey Girl Hey Boy

Start from the beginning

"I'm 20 years old, I think I can handle it." I say with a wink. She sort of rolls her eyes- but then stops and looks straight at me.

"Well I'm 19 and I can already tell you're one of those guys..." She says, turning back to her clipboard. "So not that impressed"

I laugh. "One of what?"

"You know what I mean."

"No I really don't actually... please, tell me more!" I say, resting my chin on my fist, elbow on the table next to me.

She scoffs "I've gotta go. Have fun in your ultra-deluxe suite." she then turns around and starts to leave the room.

"Scarlett" I say, stopping her right before the door. She whips her head around, an annoyed look on her face. "Will you be back later, I'd like to find out what 'kind of a guy' I am." I say, in a mocking tone.

"I'm going out. So no."

"Where-clubbing? I bet you're a hell of a party girl." I say with a smirk. She scowls and turns around, walking back to the door.

"Goodbye Damon."

I'm gonna have fun with this girl.

But first I need to survive this surgery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SAVANNAHS POV

I'm home alone and yet I feel so overwhelmed, so suffocated by my thoughts and emotions.

The one thing that I keep coming back to is Damon- where the hell is he- and also my father.... There's been no sign of them, only the ambiguous texts. Who knows what he might've done to him... and when he's coming home...

And Zac... Things have been weird-ish. He wants answers from me... And it's not that I don't have my answer...  I just don't want to tell it to him... I don't want to ruin our 15- year friendship by investing in something that's only half- wanted.

Marissa & Lola... I haven't been responding to their texts or hanging out with them lately... And it's partially because of all of the surfing secrecy I've been dealing with... But also because of Zac and Lola's major crush on him, along with me and whatever the hell is going on with Nate.... If anything is even going on in the first place with Nate...

Nate.

I can't figure out my feelings for him..

We almost kissed- and we definitely would've if the teacher hadn't interrupted us. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

My phone rings.

It's Zac.

Somehow I feel a wave of disappointment come over me.

"Hey Zac"

"Hey how was detention?"

"Ugh, terrible" actually, not completely...

"Haha, that's what I thought. What're you doing tonight?"

"Not sure yet. You?"

"I was thinking about going to the night surf thing"

"Really?" I ask, surprised. Zac and I usually didn't go to them, and it's strange that he suddenly wants to the same time that Nate asked me to go...