Part 1

I was in the forest alone, jumping around blooming flowers, smiling and giggling to myself. I was letting a Lily bloom in my hands as I hear leaves crunching and twigs snapping about half a mile away. How did I not hear this earlier? I thought to myself. I dashed into the nearest tree, hiding from the approaching footsteps. How could I not notice the sound? I could've exposed myself and my kind! How could I be so dumb?! I thought freaking out, I then heard a body collapse onto the forest floor. I saw a mortal on his knees, his head hidden in his hands like a flower in the bulb, skin sun-kissed and cries that sounded like an injured wolf pup. Something about him intrigued me, like some force was trying to pull me to him.

"Who's there?" said the male "I can feel you near me! I command you to come out you foolish pup!" For a mere second I felt as if I should follow the command he had given. Pup? I'm not a dog! How can he feel me? Wait, that's crazy he can't feel me. I was so confused about all of this. The more I looked at him, the stronger weird pull thing got, and I could tell he felt it too. He walked up to the tree that I was in and looked up at branches. He turned his back to me and for some reason I found myself right behind him out of hiding. I tapped his shoulder with the softness of a kitten and he whipped around, I was then memorized. I was looking into eyes exactly like my own. I rack my brain for something and I remembered something Elder Carya said. 

***Flashback***

I walked into the elders tree for my meeting, the one that will help me understand why my eyes are different colors and how to deal with it.

"Good Morning Elders," I said as I bowed my head in respect.

"Oh dear Lara, you know that there is no need for that," said Elder Carya "You are the most powerful one of us all dear."

"Yes, but you are the Elders. Elders are given respect, attention, and are trusted to be the leaders of us all," I said repeating the traditional phrase we are taught as kids. "But you all said that this would be about my eyes right?" I asked. "I love chatting but I'd really love to know why my eyes aren't like everyone else's."

"Ah yes, Miss.Dragomir," said Elder Napaios "That is something Elder Carya can explain, as she was once you, a young nymph who told from birth she would be powerful with different eye colors. Unlike anyone expect one Elder knew why."

"This is scary I know, like Napaios said. I was once you, expect you are the most powerful nymph ever born. It will be tough to find, but there will be someone with eyes like yours, Lara Meliae Dragomir, that person will be your soulmate. He could be mortal, a nymph of another kind, a fairy, or any other supernatural creature that lives. The rarest of nymphs like you and I have soul mates," said Elder Carya. 

***Flashback***

I was brought back to reality as I see his eyes start to change into a mix between violet and gray, the color of my eyes, well now the color of our eyes. I was happier than a siren who had just killed a sailor for the first time. I was brimming with excitement, I can't wait to tell Elder Carya and introduce him to everyone.  He jumps back with fear, confusion, and curiosity in his eyes.

"What did you just do?!" he said

"I didn't do anything, sir it was Fate," I said " I'm a nymph sir and you're my soul mate. My name is La-"

"You're a freak is what you are! Nymphs are myths, they all died long ago," he said. The breath in me forced its way out of my body. My vision had blurred like a camera out of focus, pins and needles covered my body, and a high pitch ringing. My heart was on a bloody knife in rough, scarred hands, his hands. My very own Lucifer. He ripped it off the knife my breathing silenced, body stilled from trembling, and my focus only on my beating heart. A cruel smile crept up on his face as pain exploded in my chest where my heart once was, my eyes fell out of my head, my body was screaming for air. I heard my heart breaking within his grasp, screaming for peace and to be let free. Collapsing under the pressure of it all, I fluttered my eyes shut. I accepted my death with open arms, but it never came. I looked up from the ground and I saw the sun rays beaming through the trees. I searched every inch of my body for any evidence for what I saw and I had searched the whole forest for any other clues. I had then realized I had been dreaming, I had dreamed all those horrid things, but that pain was still there.