66: GOOD FOR YOU.

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, DC! This was the perfect start to the North American tour. I can't thank you enough for what you've done for me. I've had the best time with each of you tonight. So, if you are in this building, as soon as the show is over, tweet the hashtag 'dcwithjess' and I'll try and follow as many of you as I can on Twitter!" Jess tells us.

I can't believe it was already the last song. I had my suspicions about whether the surprise was going to happen during the end of the show or not.

The beginning beats of Clouds came on and Jess started her massive high note only five feet away from us.

"Yeeesss!!" I scream.

"Sing it out!" Jess yells, walking over to us but facing the other direction.

"I know you say that you don't like it complicated. That we should try to keep it simple, but love is never ever simple, no!" She pranced around the stage, moving to the music.

You could barely hear Jess' voice when the chorus began. The whole stadium was singing over her. She looked so damn happy about it, too.

"Here! We! Go again! Another go around for all of my friends! Another nonstop will it ever end..."

I have my phone out, recording a video, when Jess comes over and blows Julie and I a kiss. Both of us let out a string of curses of shock as Jess walks away.

"I love you! I love you!" I shout at the top of my lungs.

"Scream it, DC! ...We're never coming back down...yeah, we're looking down on the cloouuddss!"

She starts to head from the B stage back to the main stage so that she could do her final bow. Lights were flashing all across the stadium in yellow, blue, green, red, white...

I had tears running down my face. This was the best night I've had in so long.

"Thank you! I love each and everyone one of you, and I hope you can somehow fathom just a fraction of how much all of you mean to me. Can you all do me one more favor?!" She screams into the mic, trying to be heard over all of us.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. This is the surprise. This is the surprise.

I double check my phone to make sure that I'm taking a video.

"Do not leave, okay?! Stay here. There's more! I'll be right back!" Jess informs. She suddenly runs off stage from the place she'd come out of.

We were all buzzing. Everyone was frantically trying to figure out what was about to happen next. The experienced fan that I was, had a feeling that she was going to perform a new song or bring out a special guest. Yet it seemed like such a weird time to release a new song since she'd only just dropped an album in November.

"What's she doing?!"

"What's happening?!" People around us begin to chatter. Seconds later, the stadium is chanting her name.

I quickly take out my phone and tweet that Jess has left the stage but told us to stay. I DM an update account as well.

The three minutes it took for Jess to come back onstage felt like three hours.