S I X T E E N

He wore the color black, but had the most colorful mind.

He thought of dark red, the color of blood that had spilled over the rocks beside the large oak tree that Gracie had fallen from.

He thought of black, the color of the belt that he tied around a dead blondes snapped neck.

He thought of green, the innocent color, for it reminded him of Mattie's eyes. The only innocence he had inside of him was of, and for Mattie.

He tapped his fingers on his desk, staring at the back of Mattie's head from where he sat just a couples seats behind her.

He admired the color of her hair and the way she curled it so it framed her face perfectly. And her lips, though he could not see them, he knew she was biting them as she attempted the test questions on her paper.

It's been a week, a week of pure hell for Jaxson, for it was without Mattie.

Ever since her mothers visit to his home, Mattie knew that she needed to stay away from the dangerous boy she loved. She knew that it had to stop, because if it didn't her mother would make sure that he would be rid of. And by that, she knew he would most likely be behind bars. Because even with a restraining order, Jaxson would continue to follow Mattie around like a lost puppy.

"Mattie," Jaxson hissed, ignoring the annoyed stares of students around him that were testing.

He saw as she looked up from her test paper, then back down to completely ignore Jaxson's attempts to speak with her.

She's been doing this all week, and Jaxson knew that, but it was becoming simply unbearable for him.

As he attempted to repeat her name, the ring of the school bell took over, and Mattie was quickly scrambling for her things and stuffing her pencil in her bag before slinging it over her shoulder.

He quickly stood up, watching her place her test paper on the teachers desk.

"Mattie," he called out, placing his hand on her shoulder.

She ignored him as she paced quickly down the hallway, clearly in a hurry.

"Mattie please," he almost whimpered, wanting desperately for her to feel sorry for him in hopes she would stop in her tracks.

"Jaxson." She turned around, and to his own surprise there was moisture surrounding her beautiful green eyes.

"You have to leave me alone, this is already hard as it is." She said, wiping a falling tear with her sleeve and ignoring his eye contact.

He attempted to place his palm on her cheek, craving contact with her skin. She turned away.

"Baby, hear me out-" he pleaded, stepping closer to her while she stepped back each time.

He ignored the actions and continued to speak: "You can't keep ignoring me like this, it's ridiculous Mattie. It's been a week." He hesitated to run a hand through his messy black hair, an action that had girls all around him swooning. "I thought you would only keep up this act for a few days-"

"An act?" She shook her head, shocked by his words.

"Jaxson this is serious, I shouldn't even be talking to you now."